Number plates - Triumph Bobber Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Number plates

Hi guys
Just wondering if anyone knows the best site to get a black/silver number plates that fits into the triumph side mount kit? Any advice much appreciated
Cheers
Dave
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massondave View Post
Hi guys
Just wondering if anyone knows the best site to get a black/silver number plates that fits into the triumph side mount kit? Any advice much appreciated
Cheers
Dave
Measure the side mount and head off to Ebay.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Cheers for that.
Yeah I measured it, the size I need is 7.25” x 4.25” but most places on eBay only do 7x4. Just wondered if anyone knew of a site that makes custom sizes. I thought if it was a part from triumph it would be fairly easy to find a plate to fit....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 05:12 PM

Garage
get a 7.25 x 4.25 and a rasp!

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 11:30 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by massondave View Post
Cheers for that.
Yeah I measured it, the size I need is 7.25” x 4.25” but most places on eBay only do 7x4. Just wondered if anyone knew of a site that makes custom sizes. I thought if it was a part from triumph it would be fairly easy to find a plate to fit....
https://replacement-number-plates.com/plate-maker/

Replacement number plates do 7.25 x 4.25 if you select 'more plate sizes' then 'small motorcycle'. Delivery is quick and quality is good. You can also get them to add the BS mark so the plate looks legal even if it is officially the wrong size. Don't think they do them in black and silver though!!

Mark Arbroath
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks a lot! I will go have a look. I might order a black and silver one off eBay at the 7” x 4” size, if in the event I get stopped and told to take it off I will probably have to go down the yellow and black road. Again I may get told to take that off due to size and if that happens the side mount bracket will pretty much be a waste of time. Fingers crossed I get to keep on the black and silver one!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page