some mods I did recently - Triumph Bobber Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

some mods I did recently

What's up guys.. From Westchester County. Purchased my 2018 Bobber Black from Triumph of Westchester.

Couldn't wait to get all the parts so once they arrived I went to work. For me the V&H exhaust sounded a bit too mellow so I searched and searched for something better. Also because I was swapping out factory rear fender for the shorty one I needed to design a better swingarm license plate mount. (not crazy about the large horizontal design Triumph offers) so, here were my mods over this past weekend. All DIY stuff that anyone can do.

* removed all reflectors
* installed short fender from Triumph (cut off the reflector bracket)
* installed Triumph multi-function LED tail light
* Installed Triumph mini LED front lights (direct swap, plug and play) because I wasn't crazy about the larger ones they recommended.
* took a standard swingarm license plate mount and bored out the center hole to match the axle bolt
* installed LED license plate light kit - generic type from Amazon and mounted it to the plate mount
* tapped into the yellow & black wires that feed up to the multi-function LED tail light (so it comes on when bike turns on)
* Installed Trident exhaust. (kept cat in place)

Note: exhaust sounds amazing. Much deeper, and a lot louder than the V&H whether idling or open. Trident comes with removable baffles. Keeping them on brings it back to a V&H sound. Taking them off, makes a huge difference! No need to remove the CAT or install an X-pipe at all.

Not bad for a weekend project.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-09-01 14.23.13.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	230.4 KB
ID:	27667   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-09-01 14.23.35.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	236.2 KB
ID:	27669   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-09-01 14.23.47.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	411.0 KB
ID:	27671   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-09-01 14.24.04.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	27673   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-09-01 14.23.25.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	350.6 KB
ID:	27675  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-09-05 06.06.54.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	27677  
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 05:20 PM
Roy

Garage
Nicely done Dron,

Looks smashing, well done.

Cheerio,

Roy
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 06:05 PM

Looks fantastic! Well done. What is involved in removing the fork reflectors?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 07:05 PM

Garage
Looks great!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drod View Post
What's up guys.. From Westchester County. Purchased my 2018 Bobber Black from Triumph of Westchester.

Couldn't wait to get all the parts so once they arrived I went to work. For me the V&H exhaust sounded a bit too mellow so I searched and searched for something better. Also because I was swapping out factory rear fender for the shorty one I needed to design a better swingarm license plate mount. (not crazy about the large horizontal design Triumph offers) so, here were my mods over this past weekend. All DIY stuff that anyone can do.

* removed all reflectors
* Installed Triumph mini LED front lights (direct swap, plug and play) because I wasn't crazy about the larger ones they recommended.
* took a standard swingarm license plate mount and bored out the center hole to match the axle bolt
* installed LED license plate light kit - generic type from Amazon and mounted it to the plate mount
* tapped into the yellow & black wires that feed up to the multi-function LED tail light (so it comes on when bike turns on)

Note: exhaust sounds amazing. Much deeper, and a lot louder than the V&H whether idling or open. Trident comes with removable baffles. Keeping them on brings it back to a V&H sound. Taking them off, makes a huge difference! No need to remove the CAT or install an X-pipe at all.

I like what you have done drod but that inspection sticker needs to move.

Chico
ysoslo likes this.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drod View Post

* removed all reflectors

I like what you have done drod but that inspection sticker needs to move.[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/images/TriumphBobberForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_crying.png[/IMG]

Chico
Yeah, just take that off, it's an eyesore. Stick it on the back of your riding jacket instead. That way you're still legal (ish) and it'll look awesome, like you're a Terminator or something.

Current Inventory: 2018 Triumph Bobber Black, 2017 Honda Grom, 2002 GSXR-750 Track Bike (not street legal).

Past Inventory:
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R, farkled out.
2017 Ducati 1299 Panigale S, farkled out (RIP...lady pulled out in front of me, totaled).
2014 BMW F800 ST, of course farkled out.
2004 Honda R6, stock!.
2016 Honda Grom, bar end mirrors, handle bars, flush mounted signals.
2017 BMW R-nine T, stock!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rathead View Post
Yeah, just take that off, it's an eyesore. Stick it on the back of your riding jacket instead. That way you're still legal (ish) and it'll look awesome, like you're a Terminator or something.
Is that thing required? I always feel bad for people in india who have to put a plate in the front of their bikes. No bueno
ysoslo likes this.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 12:55 AM

Garage
Looks great! Any other changes in the works, or are you good to go for awhile?

Each one matters.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Or put a coat of varnish over it so it looks suitably antique...
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 12:40 PM

Garage
Bike looks great. The rear really cleaned up well with the side mount plate. You should throw the short front fender on it too.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page