What's up guys.. From Westchester County. Purchased my 2018 Bobber Black from Triumph of Westchester.
Couldn't wait to get all the parts so once they arrived I went to work. For me the V&H exhaust sounded a bit too mellow so I searched and searched for something better. Also because I was swapping out factory rear fender for the shorty one I needed to design a better swingarm license plate mount. (not crazy about the large horizontal design Triumph offers) so, here were my mods over this past weekend. All DIY stuff that anyone can do.
* removed all reflectors
* installed short fender from Triumph (cut off the reflector bracket)
* installed Triumph multi-function LED tail light
* Installed Triumph mini LED front lights (direct swap, plug and play) because I wasn't crazy about the larger ones they recommended.
* took a standard swingarm license plate mount and bored out the center hole to match the axle bolt
* installed LED license plate light kit - generic type from Amazon and mounted it to the plate mount
* tapped into the yellow & black wires that feed up to the multi-function LED tail light (so it comes on when bike turns on)
* Installed Trident exhaust. (kept cat in place)
Note: exhaust sounds amazing. Much deeper, and a lot louder than the V&H whether idling or open. Trident comes with removable baffles. Keeping them on brings it back to a V&H sound. Taking them off, makes a huge difference! No need to remove the CAT or install an X-pipe at all.
Not bad for a weekend project.
I like what you have done drod but that inspection sticker needs to move.[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/images/TriumphBobberForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_crying.png[/IMG]
Yeah, just take that off, it's an eyesore. Stick it on the back of your riding jacket instead. That way you're still legal (ish) and it'll look awesome, like you're a Terminator or something.
Current Inventory: 2018 Triumph Bobber Black, 2017 Honda Grom, 2002 GSXR-750 Track Bike (not street legal).
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R, farkled out.
2017 Ducati 1299 Panigale S, farkled out (RIP...lady pulled out in front of me, totaled).
2014 BMW F800 ST, of course farkled out.
2004 Honda R6, stock!.
2016 Honda Grom, bar end mirrors, handle bars, flush mounted signals.
2017 BMW R-nine T, stock!