Motodemic Adaptive Headlight - Triumph Bobber Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By djdannygunz

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Motodemic Adaptive Headlight

I was told by Motodemic that their plug and play headlight for the Bobber Black is soon to be ready to go. I’m going to put this light on my bike with 4 Denali lights, two Amber down lower..I want to make sure I’m seen well and I will sure be able to see well at night. I will post photos once installed. I’m hoping the lights are pretty non discript on my front end and it’s not total overkill. We will see.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 11:26 PM

Garage
The adaptive LED is a great light. I don't ride at night much, but the few times I have I've definitely notices the LEDs lighting things up around corners and curves.

Each one matters.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysoslo View Post
The adaptive LED is a great light. I don't ride at night much, but the few times I have I've definitely notices the LEDs lighting things up around corners and curves.
That’s great to know. Whould love to hear feedback from others who have added this light. Both positive and negative.

Last edited by [email protected]; 08-24-2018 at 12:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 01:50 AM
Super Moderator

Lots of threads about the Motodemic and glad to hear the Bobber Black one is almost ready (about time, too!)
Search ¨motodemic¨
Its a great light (and the statrtup sequence never gets old ), but DOES need to be adjusted properly for height in order to illuminate the road properly. Even my stock light was pointed too high.

Last edited by eisen77; 08-24-2018 at 01:57 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 09:07 AM

Although I like the light. I will add some negative.

In a humid environment, it has a tendency to fog up on the inside of the lens. The build up of moisture seems to dim the light a bit....and looks terrible. The problem with an LED light is that they do not create much heat so it doesn’t burn this condensation away quickly like a conventional light would. It will eventually disappear, but it can take quite some time when conditions are humiid.

I first thought that there was a problem with my light and that maybe it lost its seal. After contacting motodemic and JW Speaker, I found out that the light is not sealed. Condensation is a characteristic of its operation. jW Speaker has has an explanation about it on its website.

I just hate when my cool looking light gets all hazed over with moisture.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

@MX429

Thanks for posting that. I thought it was just mine that did that but never gave it much thought as the “fog” inside always disappeared relatively quickly.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 11:02 PM

here was a good post on the motodemic led's awhile back:
https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/f...headlight.html

lots of good photos and stuff.

i'm thankful for all the good advice and info that i got from all the members who went about with this mod.

for me, the adaptive looked a little too futuristic, and since i don't ride at night that much, i went with the standard led (also saved a few bucks). i went with the all chrome housing and ring so when quickly glancing at the bike, all the inner housing stuff seems to blend in and almost just looks like a standard headlight.

the short size brackets from motodemic seem to work the best in my opinion (it's the middle size between super short and longer one). the headlight bowl doesn't stick out too far forward as many other headlamp ear brackets will make it (unless you like that, but i like it nice and snug). plus they are two pieces so no need to remove the entire handlebar assemby to get them onto the fork.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newleds.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	501.5 KB
ID:	27205   Click image for larger version

Name:	headlight-compare.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	548.0 KB
ID:	27207  
eisen77 likes this.

Last edited by djdannygunz; 08-24-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page