Vance and Hines Exaust - Triumph Bobber Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Vance and Hines Exaust

Does anyone know if changing out for this exhaust makes the bike considerably louder than it is? I am wondering if it is more of a deeper rumble than it is louder. I don't want a super loud bike, I like how loud it is now but wondering if the sound is noticeably better.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Does anyone know if changing out for this exhaust makes the bike considerably louder than it is? I am wondering if it is more of a deeper rumble than it is louder. I don't want a super loud bike, I like how loud it is now but wondering if the sound is noticeably better.
Hey Steve, first of all just general security I would change you username to something that isn't your email, secondly I have the Vance and Hines exhaust, along with an x-pipe and it is a fantastic deep throaty roar when you get on it, otherwise it is fairly tame at idle (although still deeper than stock) and really opens up nicely when you roll on the throttle!!

Tough to justify with the price, I know, but I had issues with the Gasser Customs pipes I ordered, and I knew these would fit perfectly and sound great! If you have the money, I say go for it. It is a great addition of grunt, and has a nice look (IMO).

Otherwise, Gasser Customs are an option for roughly half the price (they sound great, too, but some have finish issues, and might be louder than you want), Zards are another pricey option, i'm not a fan of the Trident (they just don't look 'right' to me), BC has some really nice sounding pipes if you want to keep the cat in place that will make it sound nice and deep too.

Long winded, but basically I think it is worth it if you want to keep that look.
If you want shorter and more affordable pipes - BC and Gasser
If you want a different look and more expensive - Zard
If you want a similar stock look with more grunt - Vance and Hines

If you hung through all that reading, I hope this helps and good luck!

Lastly, if I were to do it again, and money didn't matter, I think the Zards in black (I have a bobber black) look killer and the copper color logo finish goes great with the gas cap and shift peg I have as well.

Happy hunting, and post videos when you make the swap!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 11:50 AM

Garage
Hey Steve,

I had the chance to compare the stock exhaust with the Vance & Hines and they are not much louder but as mention by Captain French, they sound deeper and better.

I had a Yamaha Bolt with the Vance & Hines slipon and it was much much louder than this.

So if you want a little more sound, they might be a good choice for you!

2017 Bobber | Morello Red | V&H Black Exhaust | Black Headers | Short Fenders | High Handlebars | LED Turn Signals | Brown Diamond Stitch Seat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Very informative post , @CaptainFrench

Steve, I also recommend doing a search. It’ll be long and exhausting (get it ) but there are ALOT of great posts and videos regarding slip ons. So many, in fact that even I can’t keep track of them !

Best of luck and hope you find the answer you’re looking for.
CaptainFrench likes this.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

I just ordered the V&H Exhaust. I'm sold. And also the Fox suspension. This bike matte black bobber is going to be awesome. Thanks for the lengthy note.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 06:35 PM

CaptainFrench which brand of xpipe did you install? I am running the Vance & Hines on my Bobber now. I know there are lots of opinions out there but interested in what you have based on your comment. Thanks.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
CaptainFrench which brand of xpipe did you install? I am running the Vance & Hines on my Bobber now. I know there are lots of opinions out there but interested in what you have based on your comment. Thanks.
Apologies for the long delay, been very busy lately. I have the free spirits x-pipe, haven't had any issues and it let me keep the stock guard.
Rocky likes this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 01:41 AM

No problem on the delayed response. I appreciate your feedback and will give that xpipe a try.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFrench View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hey Steve, first of all just general security I would change you username to something that isn't your email, secondly I have the Vance and Hines exhaust, along with an x-pipe and it is a fantastic deep throaty roar when you get on it, otherwise it is fairly tame at idle (although still deeper than stock) and really opens up nicely when you roll on the throttle!!

Tough to justify with the price, I know, but I had issues with the Gasser Customs pipes I ordered, and I knew these would fit perfectly and sound great! If you have the money, I say go for it. It is a great addition of grunt, and has a nice look (IMO).

Otherwise, Gasser Customs are an option for roughly half the price (they sound great, too, but some have finish issues, and might be louder than you want), Zards are another pricey option, i'm not a fan of the Trident (they just don't look 'right' to me), BC has some really nice sounding pipes if you want to keep the cat in place that will make it sound nice and deep too.

Long winded, but basically I think it is worth it if you want to keep that look.
If you want shorter and more affordable pipes - BC and Gasser
If you want a different look and more expensive - Zard
If you want a similar stock look with more grunt - Vance and Hines

If you hung through all that reading, I hope this helps and good luck!

Lastly, if I were to do it again, and money didn't matter, I think the Zards in black (I have a bobber black) look killer and the copper color logo finish goes great with the gas cap and shift peg I have as well.

Happy hunting, and post videos when you make the swap!
Hi cap’n French

Just jumping on the back of this!
With your V&H pipes and Decat did you get a remap done or did you just run the 12 minute scinario??
Many thanks
N
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickz View Post
Hi capín French

Just jumping on the back of this!
With your V&H pipes and Decat did you get a remap done or did you just run the 12 minute scinario??
Many thanks
N
Apologies for the delay... And no remap as my dealer here in NH USA said there was no other map for it, so I just did the 12 minute tune.

Before I did that tune, I had just the BoosterPlug installed and the bike ran phenomenally anyways, the 12 minute tune just made it a hair better to be perfect.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page