Vance and Hines exhaust - Triumph Bobber Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Freddy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Vance and Hines exhaust

Is this worth it to put on the Bobber Black? What is immediately noticed? Does it cosmetically look better? For 975 it’s expensive and wondering if most people are doing it.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 01:37 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Is this worth it to put on the Bobber Black? What is immediately noticed? Does it cosmetically look better? For 975 itís expensive and wondering if most people are doing it.
If doing it for looks I wouldnít bother as the differences are very subtle. Just a little V&H badge and some detailing to the satin finished tip.

In terms of sound... I assume youíre based in the states based on the price? If so I believe the U.S versions do not have baffles so are significantly louder than those we are meant to run in the U.K. Having said that I believe that we can also buy them here without a baffle, (not road legal) and if memory serves someone from this very site based in the U.K. has done just that.

Personally I like the sound of my baffled V&S... sounds purposeful and but refined.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 03:28 AM

Steve Thomas.......try Trident Exhausts in UK. Excellent customer service. Unfortunately, I do not price for USA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Is this worth it to put on the Bobber Black? What is immediately noticed? Does it cosmetically look better? For 975 itís expensive and wondering if most people are doing it.
It is absolutely 100% too expensive, HOWEVER, they sounds really nice IMO. I have an x-pipe alongside the Vance and Hines pipes and they sounds phenomenal. They have a great deep growl, and aren't ear-splitting loud, especially at idle! Tame idle, but pissed off lion when you open it up!

I originally wanted Gasser Customs, but there were fitment and finish issues, so my dealer got me a slight discount on a pair of the Vance and Hines and I haven't regretted putting them on at all!

Hope this helps!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 04:57 PM

I dropped off the Bobber an hour ago for the dealer to do the instal and ECU remap. Of course there are 3 days of rain in the forecast
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 01:54 PM

My pipes go on Thursday.

Maybe I can keep my big feet off of them. I couldn't do that with the stock pipes.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 02:38 PM

Fyi

Mine are the USA ones and marked 'off road' on the box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	V+H.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	32663  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 03:08 PM

I just shined a flashlight (I think you Brits say torch?) down my new Vance and Hines pipes and there is no baffle in there!

The new pipes sound great. Now I've got a nice staccato rumble coming from the bike. And I do not have X-pipes. If the bike is louder with X-pipes it would have been too loud for me and my neighborhood. So for me I made the right choice.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:02 AM

Garage
I had the UK spec V&H pipes fitted to my BB after purchase and then a couple of months later I fitted the Motone X-Pipe.
Despite the X-Pipe I was disappointed with the sound and didnít consider the change of pipes money well spent.
Following a accident where my bike was hit by a pick-up and the pipes damaged I took the opportunity to switch to the V&H US spec pipes.
What a world of difference. Obviously it depends on what you want but IMO, the sound from the V&H US Spec combined with the X-Pipe is amazing and perfect for the Bobber. For me it now sounds how it looks. If I were starting from scratch again Iíd go straight for the V&H US Spec with X-Pipe.
eisen77 likes this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
I had the UK spec V&H pipes fitted to my BB after purchase and then a couple of months later I fitted the Motone X-Pipe.
Despite the X-Pipe I was disappointed with the sound and didn’t consider the change of pipes money well spent.
Following a accident where my bike was hit by a pick-up and the pipes damaged I took the opportunity to switch to the V&H US spec pipes.
What a world of difference. Obviously it depends on what you want but IMO, the sound from the V&H US Spec combined with the X-Pipe is amazing and perfect for the Bobber. For me it now sounds how it looks. If I were starting from scratch again I’d go straight for the V&H US Spec with X-Pipe.
I totally agree.
The EU spec pipes change nothing except aesthetics as they are noise homologated for road use within Europe.
Mine are sitting in the garage looking pretty. A total waste of money!
If you buy V&H, opt for the US spec, unless of course you like the look without the noise...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page