Fox shock - Triumph Bobber Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Fox shock

Hi anybody here have the Fox Shock fitted? Whats your impressions good or bad?
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 05:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by STMBOBBER View Post
Hi anybody here have the Fox Shock fitted? Whats your impressions good or bad?
Hello and welcome to the forum.

The Fox shock has been well covered already and plenty of info can be found by running a search
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 07:16 AM

The Fox shock makes a world of difference. Instead of riding up tense, when you see some unavoidable bumps, you can relax, it smooths it all over. Best mod I did to my bike so far.
Mike J Commo and gfspencer like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLoveRocket71 View Post
The Fox shock makes a world of difference. Instead of riding up tense, when you see some unavoidable bumps, you can relax, it smooths it all over. Best mod I did to my bike so far.

Thanks for info I did a search but not much came up. Can I ask what you paid for shock. I suspect I am going to tell dealer to just fit it prior to delivery just want a ball park figure.TIA
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

The price is on the Triumph website.
Whether your dealer charges you for the install is up to them, as some dealers waive the cost.

Itís a very good mod, so unless you plan on going for a Matris or adjustable Wilber shock then itís definitely with installing the Fox pre-delivery.
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 06:18 PM

STMBOBBER, I don't know where you are located but in North Carolina (USA) I saved money by buying the shock with the bike. The tax was lower.

Another suggestion - If you are buying a new bike you might just get your dealership to do the service work free. It is worth a try.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 07:15 PM

Garage
Heavy rider on a fox shock

Im 280 lbs and installed the fox shock after about 600 miles .I have the settings 1 click out and it feels a bit smoother than the stock shock ,no complaints .

Porsche 911
AudI RS4 2012 triumph 675r 2017 Triumph Bobber
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfspencer View Post
STMBOBBER, I don't know where you are located but in North Carolina (USA) I saved money by buying the shock with the bike. The tax was lower.

Another suggestion - If you are buying a new bike you might just get your dealership to do the service work free. It is worth a try.
I'm in Scotland and have asked dealer to supply attached to new bike.
gfspencer and sigma pi like this.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 06:23 AM

I've ordered the Fox shock with my new BB as well, I can not actually believe on a bike this price that Triumph think to offer the bike with a non adjustable rear shock, it's just pathological penny pinching and leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic View Post
I've ordered the Fox shock with my new BB as well, I can not actually believe on a bike this price that Triumph think to offer the bike with a non adjustable rear shock, it's just pathological penny pinching and leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
I've bought 19 bikes over the years. Except for a Ducati or two, most of those bikes (BMW, Ducati, Triumph, Honda, Kawasaki) came with less than ideal shocks. (Some were adjustable but only marginally.) At least Triumph didn't make the Bobber as a real hard tail. We would really be moaning about that.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not defending the stock shock. It sucks. The Fox is much, much better. I'm just saying that Triumph has to make some calls when it comes to building a motorcycle.

At least Triumph gave us a decent exhaust. I'm not going to bother to change mine and I have changed exhausts on most bikes that I have owned.
eisen77, Psychopasta and Oceanic like this.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page