Picked up my new Bobber Black todat...First impresions . - Triumph Bobber Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Picked up my new Bobber Black todat...First impresions .

So I rode my new Bobber Black home from the dealership today about a 50 mile ride so enough of a distance to get to know her . So what do I think ... As everybody knows gas tank capacity sux there was about half a tank of gas when I left got about 10 miles from home and the gas light came on , but I knew about the small gas tank going in so not a biggy , So lets talk about the second best thing on this bike , the torque , amazing I took the freeway part the way home speed was around 75 80 mph I was in fifth the bike was so relaxed I thought I was in sixth big smile for that one . switch gear seems solid and not cheap at all dash pretty clear to read , cruise control works well although a bit disconcerting at first strange when the bike takes over but a touch of the brake and cruise cut off strait way nice , Strange at first with the pegs further forward than I'm used to but I'm sure that's something ill get used to , by the way guys I never test rode this bike so It was kind of a big learning curve for me which was cool . First second third gear accelerating a lot of vibration through the pegs forth and up It smoothed out but yeah not a fan of the vibes maybe It will get better with wear . Gear box smooth as silk nice easy clutch . Didn't see any twisty roads so cant comment on handling but what there was It seemed very planted . suspension not to shabby I'm 170ibs so not a lot of weight on the bike . The brakes hmmm the brakes not gonna say a lot about those until they are bedded in , riding position pretty good seat was pretty comfortable , I ordered the brown seat from Triumph which I thought looked pretty cool . And of course the first best thing Is the way this bike looks F&^%$ awesome .
IMHO this bike dosent need a lot of mods.....I had a monza gas cap of off my old Thruxton 900 lying around which fits the bobber a treat . Reflectors have to go so has the license plate holder for a side mounted bracket and smaller LED turn signals , I think that would be about It , the long term who knows ..
ysoslo and Leon like this.

Last edited by Mar-Vel; 05-02-2018 at 09:52 PM.
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 11:05 PM

Garage
Congrats on your maiden voyage today! I'm a big fan of the torque too. So much fun! I agree that there aren't a lot of mods "necessary" for the Bobber, although an x-pipe/cat delete really helps it sing when you twist your wrist, and a swingarm, tool or saddle bag is nice to be able to haul a few necessities on rides that are a little longer than usual.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysoslo View Post
Congrats on your maiden voyage today! I'm a big fan of the torque too. So much fun! I agree that there aren't a lot of mods "necessary" for the Bobber, although an x-pipe/cat delete really helps it sing when you twist your wrist, and a swingarm, tool or saddle bag is nice to be able to haul a few necessities on rides that are a little longer than usual.
Did you install the x pipe with the stock pipes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrymoa View Post
I did!

Chico
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico View Post
I did!

Chico
How does it sound?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 01:32 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats on your new bike !
Once you get bitten by the modding bug, itís hard to stop. Kinda snowballs...
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Congrats, perrymoa! Great write up and welcome!

I to have Xpipe (and Gasser pipes). Xpipe alone def provides a deeper rumble and make its a bit louder.
perrymoa likes this.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 07:46 AM

Garage
Quote:
Not on the black.
I have x-pipe and stock pipes, nothing more will be done there until the pipes fall off or an accident(touch wood).
The bike has a noise increase but not much.
The burble back pop is much more smiley
The reponse to the throttle is phenomenal to me.

This is the first bike that I have removed the CAT and my my what a difference just in throttle response, I am sure but will not test it but it could pull a fast 5th gear wheelie, it felt like it wanted too when I over took some traffic yesterday and shifted up to 6th.
perrymoa likes this.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
How does it sound?
As others have stated; somewhat louder, some more burbling, it doesn't bother me much. It's a lot of work
for little reward.

Chico
ysoslo and PFEN like this.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 11:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico View Post
As others have stated; somewhat louder, some more burbling, it doesn't bother me much. It's a lot of work
for little reward.

Chico
I agree with Chico on this one. The x-pipe is a PITA to install. For me, it was a 2 person job, for sure, but I'm no great mechanic. I've listened to so many vids on youtube about how the stock vs. x-pipe sounds, that I knew I'd replace the exhaust at the same time to make the sound change significant. With the x-pipe and Gassers exhaust on my bike, it has an awesome roar when I crack the throttle open, and I love the burbles and a few pops as I let the engine braking slow me down.
perrymoa likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page