Jeans for the...larger rider? - Triumph Bobber Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Jeans for the...larger rider?

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for all of your help and guidance so far on my others threads, (which gloves) and (Get your boots out) You’ve helped my buy with a lot more confidence!

Next item on my list is some riders jeans and given that I’m a bit of a lump... 6ft 4” and 18st or 252 Ibs, finding regular jeans/clothes in general can be tricky. My legs are pretty **** long and chunky thanks to years of rugby.

I’d of course like them to offer some good quality protection.

So what brands cater for the larger gentleman folks?

Mike.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J Commo View Post
Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for all of your help and guidance so far on my others threads, (which gloves) and (Get your boots out) You’ve helped my buy with a lot more confidence!

Next item on my list is some riders jeans and given that I’m a bit of a lump... 6ft 4” and 18st or 252 Ibs, finding regular jeans/clothes in general can be tricky. My legs are pretty **** long and chunky thanks to years of rugby.

I’d of course like them to offer some good quality protection.

So what brands cater for the larger gentleman folks?

Mike.
Hi Mike,
I know this is a US brand but have you tried Carhartt? Very heavy made and have all sizes. Either in denim of various shades of canvas duck, insulated, flannel lined or plain. I'm in construction my entire career which is long and have worn them for years. Many big guys in my profession wear them too.

Durable Workwear, Outdoor Apparel, & Gear | Carhartt
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 02:52 AM

This is a good options if you are struggling:

https://the-cafe-racer.com/brands/bo...eggings-yellow

Means you can wear any jeans over the top, gives a lot of flexibility, they will be my next purchase I think. (They also come in black at a premium).
eisen77 and Mike J Commo like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 03:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jock_rocket View Post
This is a good options if you are struggling:

https://the-cafe-racer.com/brands/bo...eggings-yellow

Means you can wear any jeans over the top, gives a lot of flexibility, they will be my next purchase I think. (They also come in black at a premium).
What a great idea... Do you think they will be crazy hot to wear or no more so than any other Kevlar lines jean?!

Thanks for the heads up

Last edited by Mike J Commo; 03-12-2018 at 03:46 AM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 07:01 PM

I too am of large stature... 6' 250lbs. I wear GoGoGear under my regular jeans (similar to the cafe racer link/ yellow leggins) Total Kevlar lined, not just spot areas and comes with knee protection and pockets for hip. They've since added 1 size up from mine (xs-4xl) They stretch and breathe well.

Kevlar Base Layer

Excellent quality, Excellent price! I've worn them in the SoCal summers and they aren't any hotter than just being hot from the weather.

I also have a pair of Scorpion riding jeans but they were too wide in the legs. I took them to the tailor and had the legs taken in to match my Levis. Now they look like normal jeans!

I think there are more "Big" guys out there looking for decent fashionable riding gear than most companies think.
- Just my $.02
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 07:34 PM

I like Duluth fire hose pants.........Not specifically built to crash in , but I know several that have with no adverse outcome. I like mine , though a bit warm on hot days. What I wore exclusively when I was doing tougher adventure rides on my Tiger. Hit the ground a bunch (including breaking an ankle...) and they look none the worse for wear.
https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-f...nts-work-pants

So far behind , I think I'm in first place.

Last edited by Big Bear; 08-08-2018 at 07:40 PM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 04:42 AM

Personally, I wear a pair of Resurgence jeans which are really comfortable and give really good protection, apparently, with proper armour in the knees and hips. They are a bit on the snug side. I'm nowhere near your size and have no idea if they do any that would suit you. I had a pair of hood jeans ages ago, but didn't really like them, fit, comfort and protection wise, but I've no problem with these.

I understand Rokker is the top of the line for bike jeans these days and looking at the motolegends website, they do a good range of leg lengths. A bit pricey though.

PS, motolegends is a cracking shop and it's well worth a visit to their Guildford branch if you're in the market for some bike gear.
eisen77 likes this.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Great thread!
I’m looking into resurgence and rokker for protective jeans over Autumn/winter/spring. It gets pretty damp and cold/humid here during those months.

Mike, for your size I would definitely look at a more American cut or large EU fit like Rukka.
But FCMOTO, Sportbikeshop.co.uk and Urban Rider ALL have easy return policies if size is wrong.
A common practice I use with FCMOTO is to order both sizes (big and bigger!) and return the unsuitable one. Refund is quick and easy. Never, ever had an issue with them.
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 08:49 AM

Garage
Take a peek at Draggin Jeans... Not cheap, but M/C specific

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Cheers for the suggestions and tips folks

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page