• Post a picture(s)

Mine (at the moment)

Bell Vortex

See less See more
#5 ·
:surprise::surprise::surprise:

a Belgian who drinks rum beer ??? :nerd::nerd:
that's not right >:)>:)
this is the best beer in the world 0:) cheers and forgiveness for the off-topic :)

#8 ·
Nolan N21.

Cool helmet, but def noisy. Also, if you take the shield off, which is a feature, the drop down lenses actually somehow direct air behind them, bothering the eyes. Have to use shades, but I usually leave the shield on.

Other than that, fits great and is very comfortable.

Attachments

#20 · (Edited)
looks similar to the helmet dave franco wore in the movie "nerve".

just saw this movie on like netflix a few weeks ago for the first time. was an okay movie, but i really was excited once i saw scenes with the his bonneville. also kept thinking to myself what an awesome helmet that was.

after researching more about the ruby helmets, the helmet in the movie doesn't look like it is one. may be a specially made custom bell bullitt maybe, but the bullitts have a much slimmer chinbar. maybe a custom biltwell ******.

Attachments

#16 ·
biltwell ****** s (have a few).

love them. only downside is not a great shield seal so a lot of air gets through (and probably water too if caught in the rain).
feels nice on a nice warm or hot sunny day, but when it's cold, it's freezing. wonder if anyone here has a nexx xg100 helmet? been looking at them and like how they look (similar to the ****** s helmets) but seem like they may have a better shield seal. plus guessing a better quality and safety rating. (a lot more expensive than the ******'s)

for some reason i was thinking about that old peanuts movie "you're a good sport charlie brown" and always remembered how at one point charlie brown lost his helmet and had to make one out of a pumpkin.

Attachments

#18 · (Edited)
I have the XG100 ¨Devon¨.
The visor seals is ok (though i would not want to go through a heavy strorm in it). But since it doesn´t use a normal ¨stepping¨system, its a PITA to use in stop start traffic if you want to open/close it quickly.
It has a very narrow field of vision both horizontally and vertically. A big no-no in city traffic and commuting!
Also, alot of wind gets in from the large chin/neck opening and mouth vent which is always open. So on cold mornings you´ll need a good neck warmer.
The interior is very, very nice. Soft to the touch and a first class place for your face and cheeks to be.
I would say that sizing-wise, the helmet comes up a touch big. Maybe suited to a slightly rounder shape head.
Helmet shell only comes in one size. Not good for people with S-M size heads.
Paint finish and overall quality is excellent.
Weight: spread evenly and feels much lighter than it really is.

Sum it up: I would say that the Nexx XG100 is a nice weekend helmet for spring weather riding and lovely to have in the collection, but too compromised to use on a daily basis.
Would i buy it again?? No.
Why? I MUCH prefer the Bell Bullitt. If you could close the top air-vents on that helmet, it would be an almost perfect retro helmet for the Bobber!

#22 ·
yeah, must have been a specially made prop. the helmet seems to have similar characteristics of a whole bunch of different helmets.

as for the movie, it was entertaining. was about people getting involved in an app/online game where they get money for completing dares. the dares start out small, but eventually start to get pretty outrageous (motorcycle scene.) if you're bored and have nothing else to watch, i'd recommend it.

#23 ·
I’m with djdannygunz I too watched the film nerve approx 2weeks ago and say the same the films ok but I did sit up and watch a bit closer when they jumped on the triumph and did like there lids too :)
I only watched it as a guy said because I liked the film “the game” I should try nerve but nerve is not in the same league!!

Later I’ll try a post pics of all my lids current To retired
OBM

#25 ·
Finally got round to taking some pics
These are all still in use
The Oneal is a downhill mtb lid

Attachments

#33 ·
:D

no need for a passport.I will wait for you at the ferry.and then you follow me :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: ysoslo and eisen77
#34 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.