Helmets - Page 9 - Triumph Bobber Forum
 68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 09:39 AM

Yah just like kevlar pants, jackets wont save you from breaking your bones...just for scratches
post #82 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

It’s a never ending debate re. FF helmets and protective gear.
I’ve lost a riding buddy who was wearing the most expensive gear money can buy (and NOT riding fast), while others wearing flip flops and no shirt live to tell the tale with hardly a scratch to show.
But let’s not get into that and just think happy thoughts !

Speaking of open face helmets, at least this guy had the sense to wear protective shoes...

Roy and Bakulaw like this.
post #83 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 06:38 PM

Garage
Ok, so know we know that driving into a concrete wall is not a good idea. Watching that dummy was bad enough but, the image of that German guy, another type of dummy IMO, is hard to get out of my head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 09:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlynMo View Post
Have a read of https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/f...ew-helmet.html as a starting point.
Carbon fiber skid lid. Glasses in the daytime, goggles at night
post #85 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 07:46 AM

Garage
Hey Fellas,

Any of you have any experience with the Urban Helmets brand, in particular their BigBore helmet?
Looks pretty good, price seems decent and they’re running a ‘buy a helmet a get 2 free shields’ promo.

https://urbanhelmetsusa.com/collecti...bore-full-face
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DFA55579-CD18-4A18-AFDC-D9CF4D9016F9.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	35651  

‘18 Bobber matt Black
‘12 Kawasaki Z1000
post #86 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

@Jalaan They look like cool helmets!
The report says they have some flaws, but overall the review is very promising.

Road tested: Gear from Urban Helmets, Pando and Saint | Bike EXIF
Great Black North likes this.
post #87 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

post #88 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 09:51 PM

Garage
Second video (his first) is pretty funny technically. Anyway, the obvious comparison would be the Builtwell Gringo. Urban has some venting which the Gringo doesn't. But, as mentioned in both reviews, the fit on the face shield isn't the greatest and hard, if not impossible, to adjust when riding. I think the two reviews state very different price points for the full face but, even the higher price is still very good. From a safety standpoint, the Gringo S is now available as both DOT and ECE approved which is a big deal as ECE is a better standard IMO. At these price points, they all have some compromises. No vents on the Gringo S and I've read a few reviews that say the shield doesn't stay up very well if you are riding (there are no real "clicks" as you lift the helmet shield). But, both brands look very cool.
post #89 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 05:18 AM

Garage
I've only got two helmets at the moment, have been trying very hard to find another, but keep running into dead-ends.
My favourite used to be my Arai XC, but it was old and needed replacing and I've struggled to find another that is as comfortable. Australian importers in their wisdom very rarely bring in size XS helmets and with a 54cm head it's hard for me to get anything to fit. The manufacturers make them, we just don't import them, but since the importers have rights over the market, other international shops won't ship them to me either, and obviously trying before buying is out... *sigh*... but I've had my whinge, happy days again....
Back to the helmets I do have:
Schuberth C3Pro Womens that I use when going on a trip of any length. Quiet and functional. Comfortable as far as full face goes. Bit hot. But I wanted to support a manufacturer who was making a women's specific lining fit and not just adding pink and calling it a woman's helmet. Life would be much simpler if I succumbed to peer pressure and liked the colour pink But, as nice as the helmet is, it just doesn't style with the Bobber I'm afraid
I have a Bell Riot that I tend to use on the Bobber.
Both are boring matt black in colour.

Desperately wanted a Davida speedster in the cosmic flake orange since they brought it out a couple of years ago, but my glasses just won't play nice with the speedster helmet which is a real bugger. Have been hoping Hedon will make something in Orange, but I could be waiting an eternity in vain. Was also looking at the AGV X3000, but again, no XS available in Oz. So my search continues...

~ "Orange is the happiest color" ~
My Photography Website: www.photobytrace.com

Last edited by Trace; 07-15-2019 at 05:21 AM.
post #90 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 11:08 AM

Garage
I think I have a problem...

So despite recently buying a Shoei J O, I stumbled across an 'only worn once' ex Zero helmet on eBay today and my finger accidentally slipped onto the buy it now button.

I might well have the silver flake Bell Custom 500 up for sale soon to try and recoup some losses. I love how it looks but it doesn't fit my awkwardly shaped head quite right. IT's never been worn outside of trying it on for a few minutes.

Mainly asking questions out of stupidity since 2017

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page