Bargain hunting win! What are your eBay win stories - Triumph Bobber Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Bargain hunting win! What are your eBay win stories

I don't often get a steal when bargain hunting but managed to snag myself a Triumph riding hoody for £26.00 with free delivery on eBay this week. The next cheapest I could find that would fit me was £139 + delivery, so I'm feeling very pleased with myself. It's also cheap enough that I can get it past the financial controller too...the Shoei ex Zero that has also turned up, probably a different story (although was still a steal at £140). Might have some clothing bits coming up for sale soon as my biking wardrobe is now, what you might call, extensive.

It's arrived today and looks in near perfect condition with no rips, tears, blim burns, scuffs, fluff, lint, blood or other bodily fluids that would suggest a hard/sordid life. It's Pekev lined so offers some abrasion resistance and will fit over my mesh/armour jacket for bump protection. I might upgrade those pads to D3O to soften them a little too and will be a good summer/autumn riding combo.

What's the best bargain you've scored gear wise?

E.
Roy, Bobber7 and haydnd like this.

Mainly asking questions out of stupidity since 2017
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 11:18 AM

$300 Canadian for my Aria. Itís white all white friends call it a storm troopers helmet. Same model with graphic $700. I have had multi-coloured helmets in the past I think people see my white helmet better.
Ed_Bobber likes this.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 11:54 AM

Recently bought a Klim Marrakesh jacket for $175 + tax so $190. Retail on the jacket is $350. I got a 50% discount coupon from a dealer with a lot of small print. Basically I could only buy something in stock that wasn’t on sale, wasn’t a helmet, or bike parts... It was really intended to just push stale inventory. Saw this jacket (only one) hidden in a corner of the store and snagged it. Along with the 20% off I got on my Klim Induction last year, I basically got 2-for-1 Klim jackets.
ysoslo and Ed_Bobber like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 03:44 PM

I have never bought/sold anything on e-bay.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 06:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfspencer View Post
I have never bought/sold anything on e-bay.
A whole world of delight and frustration awaits you @gfspencer - all those you didn't know you needed (and probably don't but the thrill of the chase is quite addictive).

eBay is the gateway drug to AliExpress too, so be warned.

E.
Benny Bobberino likes this.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 06:42 AM

Garage
I managed to source some US spec Vance & Hines exhaust brand new from a eager in Suffolk who said they were ďobsolete stockĒ for £350 including delivery as I made a cheeky offer
Ed_Bobber likes this.

WaitWhat?!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 06:52 AM

Garage
Last yearís buy of a Roland Sands hoodie for about $25 (close out from $70), not that I needed it but, for that price, what the ****. This yearís find in the ďdo I really need another jacket contestĒ 😀was a Merlin Yoxall $330 jacket for $200. The hoodie was new and the jacket was in virtually new, unworn condition. One manís ...is another manís...well, you know. Sometimes, if not always, eBay can be your friend.
Ed_Bobber likes this.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 11:18 AM

The best eBay win I ever had was a pristine 1995 Ducati 900ss gas tank for $125 shipped. It’s getting tough to find parts for my Ducati after 24yrs so I’ve been stockpiling parts. The hardest part (and relatively most expensive buy) was a Ducati speedometer hub. Almost gave up after 2yrs of searching but found a used one for $150 ($35 part).
Ed_Bobber likes this.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
The best eBay win I ever had was a pristine 1995 Ducati 900ss gas tank for $125 shipped. Itís getting tough to find parts for my Ducati after 24yrs so Iíve been stockpiling parts. The hardest part (and relatively most expensive buy) was a Ducati speedometer hub. Almost gave up after 2yrs of searching but found a used one for $150 ($35 part).
Yikes, that was an expensive part. For the love of older bikes eh?

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 12:47 PM

My biggest bargain came via rathead on this forum. He was very generous with black like new mufflers for the Bobber. sent them to me gratis plus shipping. Stand up guy, thank you very much.

Chico

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page