Revíit! Tracer Air - Triumph Bobber Forum
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Revíit! Tracer Air

As summer approaches I thought it would be a good time to try out the trendy new Revíit Tracer Air overshirt.
It comes in some pretty awful colors, so I chose as what I believe is the least offensive; plain Olive in a size XL for my 44Ē chest.
Louis.de only have the plain black or olive in stock (none of the striped colors are available on their site). Urban Rider have the other striped color available too, but not the Orange/Blue as even they know that color mix should never have been invented...

Louis.de are having a 20% sale on until the 29th May (use code 367 at checkout) and I added a level 2, size 5 back protector as well.

https://m.louis.eu/artikel/rev-it-tr...1245d70c231cff

I will update this thread once it arrives (hopefully next week at some stage).
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 03:18 AM

Garage
I like the look of a few of the dedicated riding shirts on Urban Riders site, but it can get pretty expensive buying a few to ensure variety.

For that reason I decided to try the Knox Urbane Pro shirt, which is fully rated and offers abrasion resistance and full armour. It enables me to literally wear whatever I want over it, as Iím fully protected regardless. They also suggest that itís perfectly acceptable to wear on its own... although Iíd argue that being able to see nipple through the mesh is far from acceptable

Iíve only worn it a couple of times so far but I must say itís very comfy, to a point of forgetting youíre wearing it and the air that it flows it perfect for the hotter days.

https://www.urbanrider.co.uk/knox-ur...irt-black.html
eisen77, Bobber-Bomb and Johnny like this.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I saw that one too, but somehow also envisioned my spare tire, exposed nipple and The Village People playing in the background.
Not that I have any issues with people wearing what they want, it’s just I would not want to expose the general public to my (not-so-Greek god like) body looking like that!

So Tracer Air it is, until I get totally ripped at the gym. Which will probably be never or slightly after that...
Forjox, Louie, Trace and 4 others like this.

Last edited by eisen77; 05-24-2019 at 05:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 04:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
I saw that one too, but somehow also envisioned my spare tire, exposed nipple and The Village People playing in the background.
Not that I have any issues with people wearing what they want, it’s just I would not want to expose the general public to my (not-so-Greek god like) body looking like that!

So Tracer Air it is, until I get totally ripped a tire the gym. Which will probably be never or slightly after that...
I hear you my friend and can relate to not being in the shape I once was... but I certainly wouldn’t wear it on its own for all the reasons you listed

I like that it enables me pick whatever I so want from my existing wardrobe, shirt, jumper, t-shirt, jacket or should I feel so inclined a nice pair of pyjamas and to ride safe in the knowledge that I’m fully protected

Sure it’s not cheap at nearly £200 but, it’s a lot cheaper than buying a few dedicated motorcycle shirts which appealed to me greatly. Having said that... I was at The BikeShed on Tuesday and eyeing up the Rev-it range of shirts... I give it a short while for the itch to build before I once again need to scratch it with a new something
eisen77 likes this.

Last edited by Mike J Commo; 05-24-2019 at 04:44 AM.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 08:01 AM

I'd been looking at a variety of shirts too, but I hadn't heard of the Knox armoured string vest. I like the idea. Will have to investigate further...
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 11:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I'd been looking at a variety of shirts too, but I hadn't heard of the Knox armoured string vest. I like the idea. Will have to investigate further...
I like to think of it as more of a teabag!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Talking

This thread is taking a very unexpected (and hilariously funny) turn
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 01:21 PM

Garage
I'll stick to my trusty Hoodie tho the shirts do look a bit less of a sweat box.

Still get a bit warm but it fits my ample frame quite well
eisen77 likes this.

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I like the Roadskin hoodie.
One of these days Iíll give one a try.
How is the sizing ? True or should i go for a smaller/larger size?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 05:31 PM

Garage
I have a 2XL with a 50 odd inch chest and it fits with a bit of room under, oh and i can get away with 40 to 50 and an air temp of 12 to 14 degrees without getting cold with just a T-Shirt under, anything cooler and it's not pleasant. The other year with 34 degrees of wet sauna in London it was a blessed relief (till i caught a thundershower, soaked thru in about 3 seconds, tho i'v not hit it with fabsil since i bought it.)

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page