Jacket For a Short Guy - Triumph Bobber Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Jacket For a Short Guy

Big Dilema for me... for a 5'5" height like me, where can I buy a motorcycle leather jacket? Jackets that I checked, all of the elbow protectors are near my wrist...FML
haydnd likes this.
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manila_Ice View Post
Big Dilema for me... for a 5'5" height like me, where can I buy a motorcycle leather jacket? Jackets that I checked, all of the elbow protectors are near my wrist...FML

Look at custom manufactures. Expensive.

This is not a joke or an insult. Look at women's jackets. Many are exactly the same model as men's just sized smaller. The only one that will know is you. If your ego bothers, cut out the tag. Again, no one but you will know and on that note, FTW. Good luck.

2018 Bobber in Morello Red
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribkick View Post
Look at custom manufactures. Expensive.

This is not a joke or an insult. Look at women's jackets. Many are exactly the same model as men's just sized smaller. The only one that will know is you. If your ego bothers, cut out the tag. Again, no one but you will know and on that note, FTW. Good luck.
not at all... I thought about that, but kinda hate the women's style...besides, I think there's an extra space to accommodate those boobies

But will def. look for other style/brands on the women's jacket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:34 AM

Have you tried a Triumph jacket? I'm 5'5" and the elbow protectors do reach around my elbows.
Manila_Ice likes this.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 08:50 AM

The BMW black leather motorcycle jacket might be worth a look. I am very pleased with mine and I don't think that it would be too long for you. The BMW logos are subtle enough that I don't mind wearing the jacket when I ride my Triumph.
Manila_Ice likes this.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 01:03 PM
Roy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manila_Ice View Post
I feel for you, frustraiting when sizes are difficult, one can feel 'discriminated' against.

A couple of thoughts:

I bought a Triumph jacket last winter (love it) but the sizing was really small which surprised me, so I ended up having to return it to get the next one up. Probably not much help but give them a go as it may be worth trying them on.

Also (and I have no idea what I'm talking about here) there may be jacket made for youths which may work for you. I'm think what do these youngsters use when racing etc. May be worth exploring that route.

Either way, the very best of luck to you and let us know how you get on.

Cheerio,

Roy
chezqui and Manila_Ice like this.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 01:39 PM
GPz

Also consider alterations. Many years ago I bought some used roadracing leathers and found a local leather shop that shortened the zippered sleeves and made a couple other minor adjustments for me at what I recall to be a very reasonable price.

Interesting side-story: I was quite worried that this older lady I was dealing with might screw up my precious leathers so I gently asked her how much experience she had working on such "important" jobs. Her reply was memorable: She slowly raised her gaze and nonchalantly said, "Well, I've done Evel Knievel's leathers and I suspect his are probably almost as important as yours."

-GPz/Gary
ysoslo, Roy, RRBuGGz75 and 1 others like this.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 01:46 PM
GPz

Similar discussion, FYI:

https://www.triumphrat.net/biker-han...-fat-guys.html

(not that you said anything about being fat)
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 04:18 PM

Try Motolegends
Bespoke cafe racer jacket by Brian Sansom - expensive but the best jacket you can buy! Looks awesome and will last a lifetime
Manila_Ice likes this.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 06:22 PM

i'd recommend schott nyc jackets as i'm also 5'5". i have the cafecto and the 689H (horsehide) jacket. both fit really well for me. sleeves and overall length as good as i could get besides getting custom made (hate when jackets would be too long and bunch up when i'm sitting on my bike). if there's a store nearby you, i'd suggest you definitely swing by and try on a few. most of their styles really go well with the bobber feel. they are a little pricey, as their all made in usa (NY). but there's a nice rich history behind the company and all their jackets have a lifetime warranty. think they also do make custom sizes too!

also vanson is another company similar to schott. i have one of their wax-cotton jackets (dover). and it fits well also, lengthwise good, although arms are a little long but not too bad.
Manila_Ice likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page