added helmet padding - Triumph Bobber Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

added helmet padding

So I know some helmet companies provide extra padding to stick to the existing ones so that when it starts to settle (my Shoei did), you can add more to make it more snug again. Well, my helmet doesn't have such a feature. Can any extra padding with Velcro backs work? I have the smallest size this helmet will go and it's snug now, but i'm afraid it will loosen with use.
It's the Torc T-1 "copper pin"
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

If the liner has packed in that much, i would consider buying new replacement liners direct from Torc.
Or (if you don´t mind the extra layer) you can try something like an Alpinestars Balaclava Skull Cap/Beanie which will be a much cheaper solution. But may get pretty warm in hot weather.

Davida sell half sizing kits (velcro, like you mentioned). However, i have such a kit for my NEXX helmets and would think that these WILL NOT provide a solution to your issue. These pads are more for ¨fine tuning¨rather than making the helmet fit tight again.

BTW, the color scheme on your TORC looks great !

Last edited by eisen77; 01-31-2019 at 01:07 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 11:00 AM

in a pinch

Its probably my odd head but it seems the first padding to wear out or compress is the forehead padding. A quick fix I've used in the past is to cut up a can koozy and add a layer or two behind the forehead liner. This has extended the life of helmet for quite some time. Falls under the category of redneck engineering...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
If the liner has packed in that much, i would consider buying new replacement liners direct from Torc.
Or (if you don´t mind the extra layer) you can try something like an Alpinestars Balaclava Skull Cap/Beanie which will be a much cheaper solution. But may get pretty warm in hot weather.

Davida sell half sizing kits (velcro, like you mentioned). However, i have such a kit for my NEXX helmets and would think that these WILL NOT provide a solution to your issue. These pads are more for ¨fine tuning¨rather than making the helmet fit tight again.

BTW, the color scheme on your TORC looks great !

I'll have to take a look at those kits, and thank you!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax5777 View Post
Its probably my odd head but it seems the first padding to wear out or compress is the forehead padding. A quick fix I've used in the past is to cut up a can koozy and add a layer or two behind the forehead liner. This has extended the life of helmet for quite some time. Falls under the category of redneck engineering...

omg thats genius!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page