What’s everyone’s preferences on protective trousers? - Triumph Bobber Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
What’s everyone’s preferences on protective trousers?

Hi guys,
Just wondered what everyone’s preference on trousers were for riding their bobber? I know a few lads that just wear normal jeans and a few wear Kevlar jeans with knee and hip armour. I fall into the latter category. Also do you guys prefer a slim fit jean or a more relaxed fit? I find with the seating position of the bobber my jeans hem offers to ride up to the top of my boots which can get a little chilly, anyone else notice the same?
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 01:15 PM

Garage
After some research I had initially concluded that Iíd opt for Kevlar lined jeans with armour inserted into the knees and hips. However based on quality jeans of this nature costing the best part of £200 per pair and given that Iíd ideally like more than one pair of riding jeans I instead opted for a pair of Kevlar long Johns from Bowtex which have the required knee and hip protection. Not cheap @ £139 but they enable me to wear anything I choose over the top which means I have far more options looks wise.

As for the issue with the length of the jeans and them riding up... Iíve a very long 36Ē inside leg so as you can image suffer from the same problem. Best trick Iíve found... wash your jeans and whilst still wet, stand on the bottom of each leg in turn, hold onto the waist with your hands and then simply pull upwards and stretch them. Once dry I find my jeans to be at least 2-3Ē longer in the leg which has resolved the issue you are experiencing!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the great advice, I will 100% have to give that a try for myself!!
Mike J Commo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 04:16 PM

I wear Graggin' Jeans.

Draggin - Kevlar Lined Motorcycle Jeans & Jackets, Kevlar Shirts and LIners

It's easy for me to ride to the factory and get just the right size.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
That gear looks really nice too!! So much choices... what to do...
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 05:31 PM

Garage
Adds far as the riding up issue I only have one pait of riding pants (with Kevlar and upgraded armor). I use them for longest trips as they have so many pockets but on the bottoms I don’t clip these boot straps which I got from Revzilla. They work well although as the clips are plastic you need to be a bit careful unclipping them or they can break (replacement clips are cheap, though). You can find on s with metal clips but, I think they show too much. Otherwise I wear pretty narrow cut armored jeans from Rev’it or Alpinestars which don’t tend to ride up too much. Basically, I’m an ATGATT guy which helps keep the piece in the household. ��

Last edited by jerrman; 10-21-2018 at 05:34 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 06:37 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfspencer View Post
I wear Graggin' Jeans.

Draggin - Kevlar Lined Motorcycle Jeans & Jackets, Kevlar Shirts and LIners

It's easy for me to ride to the factory and get just the right size.
I have a pair of Draggin' jeans, but I find them uncomfortable. The Kevlar lining is like a pair of shorts with extensions down the front of the legs to the shins. The issue with this is that you can get a big bundle of Kevlar and denim (ahem) around the gentleman parts, in particular right into the crotch which can be uncomfortable after even half an hour.

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzilazz View Post
I have a pair of Draggin' jeans, but I find them uncomfortable. The Kevlar lining is like a pair of shorts with extensions down the front of the legs to the shins. The issue with this is that you can get a big bundle of Kevlar and denim (ahem) around the gentleman parts, in particular right into the crotch which can be uncomfortable after even half an hour.
Yes, that's why I tried on different sizes and styles at the factory.

Since I bought an open face helmet I've thrown caution to the wind. I have even ridden in regular jeans.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 11:29 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfspencer View Post
Yes, that's why I tried on different sizes and styles at the factory.

Since I bought an open face helmet I've thrown caution to the wind. I have even ridden in regular jeans.
Bit too far for me to get to the factory...

However, I have a gorgeous set of zip together leathers custom made by Hideout in the UK... The advantages of custom made are tremendous....

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 11:48 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrman View Post
Adds far as the riding up issue I only have one pait of riding pants (with Kevlar and upgraded armor). I use them for longest trips as they have so many pockets but on the bottoms I don’t clip these boot straps which I got from Revzilla. They work well although as the clips are plastic you need to be a bit careful unclipping them or they can break (replacement clips are cheap, though). You can find on s with metal clips but, I think they show too much. Otherwise I wear pretty narrow cut armored jeans from Rev’it or Alpinestars which don’t tend to ride up too much. Basically, I’m an ATGATT guy which helps keep the piece in the household. ��
I might try reading my posts before posting. Too many typos. The straps I referred to are biker boot straps about 6” long. They clip on to your pant hems and prevent the pants from riding up, which I hate. I got mine from Revzilla but, I also see them at J&P Cycles and metal clip versions on Amazon as well.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page