New jacket - Triumph Bobber Forum
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Garage
New jacket

So for my birthday I have a new jacket: https://the-cafe-racer.com/richa-goo...SABEgJY5PD_BwE

Wow, its soooo soft to touch, with special D3O armour in all the right places, removable liner, but is so warm to wear with the current drop in temperature, had a ride out in it covering 110 miles and it was fantastic, it was great blasting the A377 in Devon, looking back in the mirrors watching the leaves vortex around, the road was deserted for miles, it was a ride that had me thinking " if this is the last ride this year then I can park up happy."

Cheers
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 09:24 AM

Garage
Nice jacket, but it’s all scratched up!
😜

Riding Free
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 02:37 PM

Bought some kit today

Nice BKS Matt black leather jacket, some Kevlar jeans, BKS gloves and boots...

Just need to sort a new helmet now

eisen77, ysoslo, Roy and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 04:36 PM

Nice, glad to hear you like your new gear and had a great maiden voyage.! I'm in the market for a new jacket myself. I've generally had Dainese gear, but now checking our roland sands. Anyone here ever gone down with RSD gear? Curious how it holds up compared to the more race inspired gear I've had.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggs View Post
Nice, glad to hear you like your new gear and had a great maiden voyage.! I'm in the market for a new jacket myself. I've generally had Dainese gear, but now checking our roland sands. Anyone here ever gone down with RSD gear? Curious how it holds up compared to the more race inspired gear I've had.
I just picked up a Roland Sands jacket. I believe it is the Walker. I was deadest on the Ronin but felt the cheaper Walker was a better design. So far, I really like the jacket, comfortable and keeps me warm. In the past I had a Dainese, I can't stand the speed devil emblem....

I picked my Jacket up at the Roland Sands shop in Los Alamitos, California. It was on a Saturday when no one was around in the shop. The kind lady at the register gave me a personal tour of the shop! Awesome stuff. Apparently, he no longer does "low end" work.... gotta have 5 figures for them to even think about a job.

Last edited by Tall Tree; 10-16-2018 at 04:47 PM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tree View Post

I picked my Jacket up at the Roland Sands shop in Los Alamitos, California. It was on a Saturday when no one was around in the shop. The kind lady at the register gave me a personal tour of the shop! Awesome stuff.
I was going to poo poo Roland Sands stuff until I looked at his designs. Nice stuff!

It looks like you have to buy the armor separately.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggs View Post
I have the Roland Sands Walker Jacket, and I'm very happy with mine. It is a reasonably thick but very supple leather, very comfortable to wear, it has pockets for shoulder, elbow and back armour. I think it looks great off the bike too, good enough to use as a casual jacket. My only complaint is the pocket for the back armour is quite small, therefore the RSD back protector doesn't reach your lower back, just covering about ľ the length of your back.

I must admit to have a bit of an adiction for leather jackets, my usual jacket is this Triumph jacket (sorry don't know the model name):

And today I just brought myself an early Christmas present, a Triumph Newchurch leather jacket, I'm very impressed with this one and looking forward to being able to wear it on a ride:

eisen77, ysoslo, Roy and 1 others like this.

Last edited by MadMrB; 12-03-2018 at 03:33 PM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 03:37 PM
Roy

Garage
Some very nice pieces of kit indeed.

I also ordered myself a new Triumph jacket, all being well I may be able to pick it up from the post office tomorrow (assuming I can get out), so will post picks/thoughts in due course.

Cheerio,

Roy
Freddy likes this.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 04:47 PM

Here's my vintage Buco, apparently from the 1950s... It really feels perfect fitwise; just made for riding. No armour of course, but pretty substantial leather.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Buco.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	29593  
gfspencer and Roy like this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 06:02 PM

Garage
Some fantastic leather jackets gents. I'm envious. I keep trying them on but haven't purchased because I know they will be to hot here. Currently I just have 2 armoured lightweight mesh/airflow jackets. 1 X Dainese and 1 X Tiachi. The Tiachi was far cheaper than the Dainese but is much more comfortable and my fav of the two.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page