• 1 Post By jerrman
  • 1 Post By eisen77
  • 1 Post By Guzzilazz
  • 2 Post By jerrman

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Finally... a new helmet!

So after several weeks of research... visiting stores and trying on just about everything out there of any worth at the moment, I narrowed my choice down to two options... namely the AGV Sportmodular and Shoeiís Neotec 2.

This morning I found myself in the store all set to buy the AGV... but thought it best to try on the two front runners one last time just to be sure and the winner is... Showiís Neotec 2!!!

I honestly thought I was going to walk/ride out wearing the AGV but after the final fitting and also them having one kitted out with the fully integrated SENA comms... the Shoei just edged ahead. It just feels more luxurious and most importantly an overall better fit. Iíve already managed to get 90 miles under my belt whilst wearing it and itís proved to be a far nicer place to be when compared to my Bell Bullitt, somewhat unsurprisingly of course. With the Bell anything over 50-60 mph made it a very uncomfortable and a noisey place to be. Whilst wearing the Neotec Iíve caught myself riding 10-20 mph faster without realising it... testament to the Neotec being more dynamically suited to cutting through the air.

As for the comms... well Iíve got no one to link with so it really is a rather expensive means of listening to music and hearing satnav instructions but I am really impressed on the sound quality compared to all of the ear buds Iíve used over the years. Plus it will now be possible to make and receive calls which will Iím sure prove handy. Iíve never opted for a comms unit in the past because Iíve never liked the idea of them hanging off the side of the lid. But given that this is fully integrated and doesnít stick out in anyway Iím happy. Especially in light of them knocking off £80 for buying the helmet and the comms at the same time!

Hereís some pics...

https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/f...1&d=1535733959

https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/f...1&d=1535734000

https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/f...1&d=1535734000
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2E26CFC5-308E-40E8-A9BA-9DC67A5D6C2B.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	27285   Click image for larger version

Name:	2534AC66-5599-4A09-AF14-5FD228043D84.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	27287   Click image for larger version

Name:	E35AFD94-9760-4865-8ED7-6303C20B1AB2.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	27289  
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 01:50 PM
Roy

Garage
Well done Mike,

Looks nice. Not my type of lid but if you like it then that's all that matters. I keep trying to save up for a new one myself but keep spending the money on the bike..

Cheerio,

Roy
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 03:02 PM

Garage
Good choice! I have to say that while I wish my Shoei RF1200 was more of a retro style, going from my Bell Bullitt (loved the looks but, the noise, not so much) was a major improvement. Not only is it much quieter but, there’s no helmet lift at highway speed. And as far the the comms, my Sena does stick out but it’s easy to use and the sound quality is great, probably partially owing to the Shoei keeping down the wind noise. Anyway, congrats on the new lid. Sounds like it was a journey to get there but, worth it.
Mike J Commo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 03:23 PM

Garage
I should have mentioned that... When you buy the Sena with the helmet in the UK, you get it tax free as the helmet is considered safety equipment

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats Mike.
Glad you found a comfy and great looking helmet thatís a perfect fit.
Sena make THE best comm systems.
Enjoy the luxury lining, soothing music and some short phone calls inbetween
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 05:19 AM

Garage
When you speak to Sena, don't shout... she doesn't respond if you speak much more than normal volume...
Mike J Commo likes this.

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 01:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzilazz View Post
When you speak to Sena, don't shout... she doesn't respond if you speak much more than normal volume...
Neither does my wife
Mike J Commo and Guzzilazz like this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 04:09 PM

Garage
I nearly put that, but thought I'd keep it serious... It's teh reverse of Cardo Scala or their derivative for the Schuberth C3

Larry

Essex UK

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page