Kriega/Rack - Perfect Combo - Triumph Bobber Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Roy

Garage
Red face Kriega/Rack - Perfect Combo

Hi Gents,

If you have a rack mounted on your fender or are thinking of going this option this may be of interest.

I recently purchased one of the excellent Kriega US-20 drypack tailbags. There are plenty of reviews on these things, so it's worth checking all their products out. However my reason for this post is that I was thrilled at how this particular bag is a PERFECT fit for the rack recently installed on my Bobber.

As you can see from the photos the attachment points marry up flawlessly with the size of the rack, no more bungies... I just got back from a run to the Los Alamos farmers market and this pack worked perfectly. Easy to take on and off, secures beautifully and hold firm on the rack, as if it was made for it.

If you have one of these racks, I strongly recommend you get one of these Kriega bags, I'm not leaving home without mine now. A terrific product and one the just works perfectly for these racks.

I'm now planning to get more additional sized bags to add to this one for camping trips.

Cheerio,

Roy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 12.08.04 PM.png
Views:	213
Size:	667.8 KB
ID:	27263   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 12.07.56 PM.png
Views:	212
Size:	665.0 KB
ID:	27265   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 12.07.44 PM.png
Views:	209
Size:	719.3 KB
ID:	27267   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 12.08.54 PM.png
Views:	228
Size:	368.3 KB
ID:	27269   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 12.08.48 PM.png
Views:	310
Size:	543.7 KB
ID:	27271  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 12.08.41 PM.png
Views:	187
Size:	659.1 KB
ID:	27273   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 12.08.13 PM.png
Views:	171
Size:	605.6 KB
ID:	27275  
eisen77, Bassbär, ysoslo and 3 others like this.
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 03:45 PM

Excellent - thanks for that useful write up Roy and photos. Always great when something fits like it was made for it 👍👍
Roy likes this.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 04:09 PM

I'm intrigued by the seamlessness of this system so thanks for the pics and review. Before pulling the trigger, can you give me any tips on how different weight ranges back there might affect the rear fender or ride? Do you have impressions of Kriega's other bags as well? I'm guessing that the US-30 is too wide but those US-COMBOs that use US-20 as a base look like great options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Roy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niiick View Post
I'm intrigued by the seamlessness of this system so thanks for the pics and review. Before pulling the trigger, can you give me any tips on how different weight ranges back there might affect the rear fender or ride? Do you have impressions of Kriega's other bags as well? I'm guessing that the US-30 is too wide but those US-COMBOs that use US-20 as a base look like great options.
Hi Nilick,

I can't really compare this to other luggage as this one item is all I have. I'm not sure if the US-30 will be too large (for a perfect rack fit) or not but as you say I suspect it might. As for load, on a recent camping trip and before I had the Kriega, I loaded the back end up with all my camping stuff and experienced no issues what so ever.

My plan is to get a pair of the US-10's to go either side and along with tent/role etc. it should be plenty for a longer trip. I am planning to head out for a week or more camping soon, so will be able to report back on how this works as a set up for longer trip. But as for now my first impression is very favorable indeed.

Cheers,

Roy
paulscr likes this.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 04:55 PM

Garage
Damnit, looks like i'm gonna end up with 3 Kriega bags now :P
Louie likes this.

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 04:59 PM

Garage
Agreed! I have the smaller version, the Kriega DryBag US10 and it fits perfectly, too. The straps and mounts are really sophisticated and fit the rack perfectly. It is kinda pricy though. Mine was 80 Euros.

Doesn´t matter what you ride... just ride!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 05:59 PM

Thanks again for the info Roy! Did you order your rack from the EU or is there a stateside vendor you can recommend, and are the Bike Bros / Fehling / Ural racks essentially the same? The Kijima and Hepco Becker racks appear to be more structurally sound, but I don't like the looks of them. Although I am concerned about the 5kg / 11lbs weight bearing limit, your rack suits the Bobber very well.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Roy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niiick View Post
Thanks again for the info Roy! Did you order your rack from the EU or is there a stateside vendor you can recommend, and are the Bike Bros / Fehling / Ural racks essentially the same? The Kijima and Hepco Becker racks appear to be more structurally sound, but I don't like the looks of them. Although I am concerned about the 5kg / 11lbs weight bearing limit, your rack suits the Bobber very well.
I got my rack from Bike Bros and was pleased with the rack and service. I understand that the Bike Brothers and Fehling racks are one in the same.

Cheerio,

Roy
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 06:31 PM

Like. In the market currently for something to just leave on there. Thanks for the pointer........

So far behind , I think I'm in first place.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
I got my rack from Bike Bros and was pleased with the rack and service.

The rack is currently sold out at Bike Bros.