S€xy new lid... maybe! - Triumph Bobber Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
S€xy new lid... maybe!

The safety strap on my Bell Bullet has started the fray on the end just before the popper. They no longer have stock of my lid so it’s either trade it in for a cash refund or keep it and have it repaired privately... which is easy enough and preferable as I really do love it.

None the less I found myself in the local bike store looking over some additional lid options. I really would like something with an internal sun visor as swapping visors is a pain and not really practical on the Bullit.

I spotted the AGV Sport Modular in all of it’s carbon fibre glory. It took me a moment to realise that it’s a modular lid, so well hidden is the fact and whilst I’ve never considered one in the past... having tried it on I have to say I was impressed with how incredibly light it is at just 1200 grams. My Bell Bullitt Carbon in no heavyweight at around 1300 grams but the difference is detectable. And last but not least it has the all important integrated sun visor I’m looking for.

So there I am practically sold on walking out the door with it but then I take stock of two negatives... firstly the price, @ Ł600 it’s far from cheap. But it wasn’t a deal breaker so I tried it on again to be absolutely sure and that’s when my second concern was born. The chin guard is very close to my own chin... I’d say around 1/4 of an inch clearance. So when I rolled my chin forwards a little it made positive contact with the chin guard.

Whilst I’m no expert I assume this isn’t good in the event of an off?!

So at this time I’m reviewing sizing and the different padding options to see if its possible to create some extra clearance. I tried on a large in store but looking at the sizing chart I’m right on the cusp of an extra large so figure with some slightly thicker padding it might work.

Edit... I forgot to mention a 3rd negative. The colour of the AGV logo... why the h€ll did they not ghost it?! A small niggle but for me it is a shame!

Anyways here’s the lid for this interested... I’ll let you know how this one pans out!

https://www.agv.co.uk/agv-sport-modu...bon-black.html

Last edited by Mike J Commo; 08-26-2018 at 04:49 AM.
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 06:01 AM
tug

Garage
i do like that
Mike J Commo likes this.

Common Sense is a flower
that does not grow in every ones garden.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 07:27 AM

I liked this and ordered it but couldn’t deal with the chinstrap on my Adam’s apple. It’s a problem they have. The Shoei Neotec 2 is the best sportsmodular I’ve tried on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I liked this and ordered it but couldn’t deal with the chinstrap on my Adam’s apple. It’s a problem they have. The Shoei Neotec 2 is the best sportsmodular I’ve tried on.
Hmm... I’ll have to try it on again with the strap done up. Don’t want to be caught out by that!

I have tried on the extra large version of the lid now and the clearance issue for my chin is solved. It feels a little more comfortable also but it feel too lose in th cheek pad area. My local dealership have said they will order in the larger cheek pads for me to try so that’s where I’m at so far. Ł65 is a bit rich for the pads though!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 09:14 AM

Garage
The Neotec 2 is the only helmet I have EVER had that didn't require "wearing in". Excellent comfort out of the box, and a good snug fit
Louie and Mike J Commo like this.

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 09:58 AM

The AGV looks pretty cool.

I have a Schuberth flip-up helmet . . . but I don't use it very often. I do like the drop down sun visor.

For sizing I prefer Aria helmets. The oval/long oval thing really makes a difference.
Mike J Commo likes this.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)

Last edited by gfspencer; 08-26-2018 at 10:03 AM.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzilazz View Post
The Neotec 2 is the only helmet I have EVER had that didn't require "wearing in". Excellent comfort out of the box, and a good snug fit
I tried the Neotec 2 on today and have to say that it felt fantastic, I also really like the shape and look of it in black. Only issue that I can’t get past... why on earth did they decide to place the button to open the front in plain sight and to paint it red?! It looks like a dogs tonge hanging out... such a shame!

Still I’ve not completely ruled it out as I liked it in every other way. I wonder if it could at least be colour coded?!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 03:13 PM

Garage
The Schuberth C3 has a similar (but slightly different) location and colour

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 03:17 PM

For all of the incredibly expensive helmets I have bought, tried on etc....I find my favorite is one that wasn’t expensive at all and fits the Bobber great. The Biltwell Gringo and Gringo S. That helmet fits my head and my bike perfectly. My Arai , Shoei and Shuberth get used less and less.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Nice choice Mike.
Helmets are an expensive (but very worthy) investment. You should definitely try as many as you can before you buy.
I rate my Schuberth C4 highly, though it is heavier than the carbon AGV you’re looking at. The built in comms (extra) on the C4 are GREAT and made my Sena - so perform flawlessly.

Let us know what you choose...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page