NEXX XG100R Carbon - Triumph Bobber Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

NEXX XG100R Carbon

My helmet fetish continues...

Just clicked yes to one of these NEXX HELMETS and will post my thoughts once i get it. Hopefully late next week.
Not much air flow as i understand, but my aim was to get a full face helmet (with anti fog lens & visor) for the cooler months that doesnīt flow as much air as my Bell Bullitt.

**A bit off topic, but i will post on this thread anyway: at the beginning of summer i bought an open face Hedon Hedonist from the same site. It is a beautifully crafted & very comfortable helmet BUT runs a size small. So make sure to order a size up or go with Urban Riders sizing chart (NOT Hedons) if you are wanting a Hedon .
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 08:12 PM

Garage
Bell Bullitt is one of my favorite helmets but, I will admit that after two seasons, it packed out too much possibly because it’s made for rounder heads which mine is not. More importantly, it wasn’t all that quiet, so much so that at speed I had trouble hearing my Sena (which for me on a road trip is a big deal as I have zero sense of direction����).
So I recently switched to a Shoei 1200 RF which is way quieter and more substantial although the field of vision isn’t as big. I wish the styling was more retro like the the Bell but, it is one well made lid.

Haven’t tried the Hedon but, have seen them in Europe. Absolutely beautiful and might be my first choice if it fit and the protection ratings are good. If as they “you get what you pay for” the Hedon might be the best thing since sliced bread. Expensive, to say the least. Don’t know much about the Nexx model but it looks good.
eisen77 likes this.

Last edited by jerrman; 07-28-2018 at 08:14 PM.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 09:54 PM

hope it works out. i really like the look of the nexxx carbon (kind of reminds me of snake-eyes from the last g.i. joe movie).

i have a few of the biltwell gringo full faces, and like the bullitts they are a bit noisy and all but love the retro looks. dont know if you've seen the new agv x3000 helmets for another retro-looking helmet.

really would like a hedon heroine helmet, but very pricey, as they seem to be on that upper premium range. a very nice simple-classic design too that would compliment the bobber. there's some nice video reviews out there. they do say they run small. the nice thing is that unlike a lot of helmets, where the shell size is the same on all sizes with just interior padding different, the hedon's shell size is also sized accordingly. so no bobble-head syndrome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 01:25 AM

snake-eyes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	26521  
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdannygunz View Post
hope it works out. i really like the look of the nexxx carbon (kind of reminds me of snake-eyes from the last g.i. joe movie).

i have a few of the biltwell gringo full faces, and like the bullitts they are a bit noisy and all but love the retro looks. dont know if you've seen the new agv x3000 helmets for another retro-looking helmet.

really would like a hedon heroine helmet, but very pricey, as they seem to be on that upper premium range. a very nice simple-classic design too that would compliment the bobber. there's some nice video reviews out there. they do say they run small. the nice thing is that unlike a lot of helmets, where the shell size is the same on all sizes with just interior padding different, the hedon's shell size is also sized accordingly. so no bobble-head syndrome!
I have tried on a few AGVís, but didnít like the feel on my head for some reason. However Iíve yet to try the new retro model.
Iíve owned (and sold) a NEXX xg100 Devon and can attest to the luxurious interior/feel. The new Garage models come in 2 shell sizes (instead of 1 in the previous model), so I really wanted to give it a try. As you stated, no more pin head !
Also, the new models come with proper visors instead of the snap on type. So must be better sealed, easier to use and quieter (hopefully...)

The only issue I foresee is the narrow/slim visor which may restrict viewing angle. Something which may be hard to adjust to after using a Bullitt. But Iíll post my findings (good & bad) once Iíve used it.

Iíve yet to try a full face Hedon. Perhaps next year...
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrman View Post
Bell Bullitt is one of my favorite helmets but, I will admit that after two seasons, it packed out too much possibly because itís made for rounder heads which mine is not. More importantly, it wasnít all that quiet, so much so that at speed I had trouble hearing my Sena (which for me on a road trip is a big deal as I have zero sense of direction����).
So I recently switched to a Shoei 1200 RF which is way quieter and more substantial although the field of vision isnít as big. I wish the styling was more retro like the the Bell but, it is one well made lid.

Havenít tried the Hedon but, have seen them in Europe. Absolutely beautiful and might be my first choice if it fit and the protection ratings are good. If as they ďyou get what you pay forĒ the Hedon might be the best thing since sliced bread. Expensive, to say the least. Donít know much about the Nexx model but it looks good.
I also rate the Bullitt very highly, but it was leaving an embarrassing (long & deep) mark running across my forehead after every ride that took ages to disappear. That was despite the fit being perfect with no hot spots nor pressure points.
So my wife cut out the black tabs and the outer ďlineĒ that was somehow pressing on my forehead and restitched the lining. Iíve yet to try it out, but will this morning now weíre talking about it.

For me, the perfect helmet would be the Bullitt helmet with the Nexxís interior.
Nexx have nailed it with their plush, comfortable interior lining. That was on their old XG model, anyhow. I really hope itís the same on the new version I ordered.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 03:00 AM

oh yeah, eisen77 brings up a good point on getting that embarrassing indention on your forehead, that some helmet paddings wil give you. especially when it's a deep long line right in the middle of your forehead as i've experienced in the past with some brands that seem to last for hours before going away. the gringo-s helmets have a quilted pattern on the forehead padding that leaves a few light "x" marks on my forehead, but for some reason doesn't bother me that much (actually looks kinda cool, and obvious that it was from a helmet and not a really bad forehead wrinkle). plus tends to go away rather quickly.
eisen77 likes this.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

DJ, the indent on my head was really bad. Iím not usually self conscious and rarely care what other think - but that indentation was awful and even managed to annoy me.

BTW, the Heroine looks amazing and itís on my list. Just finished reading about it & even if itís not used much I think itíll be a stunning display & conversation piece. I like the gloss black. But thatís just me and Iím not really the colorful or adventurous type.

One of my Hedonist helmets is Matt black & itís difficult to keep clean. The other is gloss ďdusty greyĒ, but I put it up for sale as itís a size ďSĒ and a bit small for me. Stunning and very unique though and may get another in an ďMĒ.
djdannygunz likes this.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 04:30 AM

Garage
I have the bullitt also. I remember when I was waiting for it to be delivered, I had watched a few reviews which made reference to the lining in the forehead area. When I first received the lid I promptly pulled out the two plastic clips which were reported as the offending items.

However, I found that the lining kept slipping down so ended up popping the clips back in and discovered that my concerns about marks on my forehead and discomfort were after all unfounded!

Live and learn
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J Commo View Post
I have the bullitt also. I remember when I was waiting for it to be delivered, I had watched a few reviews which made reference to the lining in the forehead area. When I first received the lid I promptly pulled out the two plastic clips which were reported as the offending items.

However, I found that the lining kept slipping down so ended up popping the clips back in and discovered that my concerns about marks on my forehead and discomfort were after all unfounded!

Live and learn
Lucky you have a Bullitt head Mike
I am happy to report that my wifeís little modification made a world of difference.
No more unsightly marks after a 50km ride to Port Pollenca. Since she cut & released the liner I do feel that I have more room in the helmet, so in retrospect maybe the size S was a tad bit tight. But I tried a size M last year and it was far too big. Iím a size 55/56 intermediate oval just for reference.

Smile, relax, coffee and Bobber on....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page