VA meetup idea - Triumph Bobber Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

VA meetup idea

I see that there is some interest in the WMA riders doing a meet-up ride. I was thinking of an over-nighter in the future, but for the first meet-up, it would be a great idea to at least ride somewhere a few hours away, have lunch, hang out, and see what ideas we can come up with "off forum".

I'm going to throw out the first proposal. I think the consensus is something only a few hours away - probably westerly. I have two ideas:

1. "Sal's Italian Bistro" in Edinburg, VA. I've eaten there several times and the food is amazing. It's in a small town with one street and good parking. It offers a mix of highway and country road options perfect for the Bobbers.
  2. Tara's in Berkeley Springs, WV. Also a small town in the WV mountains, offers many routing options. Has local craft brews and a full bar. The food there is also fantastic.
Either option we can pick any weekend and make it a day of hanging out.

David

I've spent my fortune on wine, women, and motorcycles. The rest I wasted on everything else.
post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 10:09 AM

Those are both probably a bit too far west for me. I am just outside DC on the northeastern edge -- takes me an hour just to get around/through the city to Arlington! But if you all end up choosing one, we'll see, I may make it out.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by majstevetrevor View Post
Those are both probably a bit too far west for me. I am just outside DC on the northeastern edge -- takes me an hour just to get around/through the city to Arlington! But if you all end up choosing one, we'll see, I may make it out.

We could bring it a bit south-west to Culpepper, VA. Plenty of good eats there, and nice riding roads.

I've spent my fortune on wine, women, and motorcycles. The rest I wasted on everything else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 08:39 PM

I'll join for the ride and eats. I live west and between Winchester and Martinsburg on the mountain.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 06:06 AM

I like a good ride now and then, but don't know if I can commit to most of a day out and back these days. Would be up for meeting up somewhere after rush hour during the week.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I'm down with something, but prefer the east side of the mountain.

There is the Griffin Tavern in Flint Hill.
https://griffintavern.com/

Headmasters Pub in Sperryville. Actually Sperryville has a few options and with a nice market. They have a place that does great brick/wood fire pizza. Couple breweries.
https://www.headmasterspub.com/

I think by in large the ride out for a meet and greet would prob the the majority of the ride this time as we all come from some distance.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muensterDeath View Post
I'm down with something, but prefer the east side of the mountain.

There is the Griffin Tavern in Flint Hill.
https://griffintavern.com/

Headmasters Pub in Sperryville. Actually Sperryville has a few options and with a nice market. They have a place that does great brick/wood fire pizza. Couple breweries.
https://www.headmasterspub.com/

I think by in large the ride out for a meet and greet would prob the the majority of the ride this time as we all come from some distance.

Okay - I'm a sucker for a good pub and this one fits the bill. Let's agree to meet at Headmasters Pub in Sperryville. That should prove to be a good ride out for everyone in the area, and will let me get some back roads riding in on the way.

Now we need a date. How is this weekend, June 1?
ysoslo likes this.

post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 05:49 AM

I could swing something out that way on Saturday. Looks like we're going to have some good weather. What time?
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Sadly, I have business travel out to Texas of which I am leaving for on Saturday, and the following weekend is already booked. Post some pics and count me in for the next one.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrb View Post
Okay - I'm a sucker for a good pub and this one fits the bill. Let's agree to meet at Headmasters Pub in Sperryville. That should prove to be a good ride out for everyone in the area, and will let me get some back roads riding in on the way.

Now we need a date. How is this weekend, June 1?
Count me in. I suggest we meet at 1 pm. It seems to be a 70-mile ride for me, back roads mostly.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page