Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Such an unused thread

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  AusBob 
#1 ·
Houston Texas , anybody at all ...

#6 · (Edited)
I may be wrong , but I thought it was their “fastest selling” @ which point the sales probably died
I’d like to know their real production numbers , of each variant that is
FWIW , I’ve only every seen a Bobber on the road twice in my 10 months /3500 km of ownership
I called past a Triumph dealer today , as they are now my closest one (the guys I bought from are Triumph no longer)
I looked at other models there , the old rocket is like the side of a barn !
I wasn’t remotely tempted by any other model , except a used Italian sports bike , so I scurried off before temptation got the better of me

#7 ·
I live in Michigan just south of Detroit and north of Toledo Ohio. Nothing here but gay Harley’s. Everything else are crotch rockets.
I’m the only one in my area with new Norton’s and Triumphs. I’ve never seen any water cooled triumphs anywhere around my area.

But don’t forget that when triumph says “best selling” that’s world wide. We’re just a fraction of their sales. I personally like not seeing others riding the same bikes are me. If I wanted that, I would of bought a HD. No thank you.

#8 ·
Absolutely, I love not seeing my bike or a modified version of my bike on every corner. Harley once had a unique owner group that were considered seasoned bikers. Now they have no identity except as the kids call them “Mid Life Crisis Bikes’.
Triumph is still a seasoned riders bike and commands a certain market.
I’m not knocking Harleys but I feel riding a Triumph carries a certain history and style that Harley lost in the super marketing era.
Harley makes 75% of its parts in China, not USA! So, in my view it’s Chinese motor cycle. Triumph has surpassed the Harley image and is respected throughout.

#10 ·
Hi Chaps,

Some interesting comments here. I think it points to many of us embracing and 'individualistic' outlook on life and I can certainly agree to that.

I can't leave the house on my Triumph without (in the nicest way) being ambushed by one, two (or something more) folks commenting, complimenting and telling stories of Triumphs or other British bikes they have owned. Even the Harley riders I meed swoon over my little Bobber.

It's certainly a lot of fund riding a bike not often seen out on the road and adds to the enjoyment of riding such a splendid motorcycle.

Cheerio,

Roy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.