Good Evening From WA - Page 2 - Triumph Bobber Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 11:09 AM

Garage
Welcome,welcome welcome.
Is western australia where it is always sunny? As I am hoping that when our winter is over we can start posting glorious pics of our bikes and you can all look at them for your winter. Short as it may be.
Suzanne likes this.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 02:03 PM

Garage
Lovely to have you on the team , Best regards Scooter007
Suzanne likes this.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigstocksbobber View Post
Welcome,welcome welcome.
Is western australia where it is always sunny? As I am hoping that when our winter is over we can start posting glorious pics of our bikes and you can all look at them for your winter. Short as it may be.
Hi, Yes the weather here is notoriously sunny. On some days it is simply too hot to ride...

I rode across Australia last January at at one point on the journey (The Nullarbor) I encountered 47 degrees C. I was sat on a huge Air Cooled Indian. Air temperature, heat reflected off the road, and tons of hot air coming off the motor. It was not comfortable, in fact, I thought I was going to die. Its very remote, no shade, and I had drunk every drop of the water I was carrying, and emptied my Camelback. I just kept riding to the next stop, and collapsed in a big heap there.

This year it has been better, only one day above 40 so far. Even in Winter daytime temps can hit 25 degrees
Brigstocksbobber likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 12:48 AM

the heat,
it's in the head ...

yesterday, 12H.. 3 degré..

Rocky and Bobber-Bomb like this.

765RS,Speed3R,ThruxtonR,T120,ThruxtonClassic,Thrux tonEFI,HDSlim,48,NightRoad,DynaGlide,Roadking,Héri tage,900CBR,1500F6C,1100ZRX,1200Bandit,1100Zéphir, 1000CBR,750SRAD,VMax,750&1000GSXR,750Stinger,FJ120 0,500XT,Ténéré,GS1000&750,GT750&380,RDX,K5..
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 08:17 AM

Garage
Oh no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
Hi, Yes the weather here is notoriously sunny. On some days it is simply too hot to ride...

I rode across Australia last January at at one point on the journey (The Nullarbor) I encountered 47 degrees C. I was sat on a huge Air Cooled Indian. Air temperature, heat reflected off the road, and tons of hot air coming off the motor. It was not comfortable, in fact, I thought I was going to die. Its very remote, no shade, and I had drunk every drop of the water I was carrying, and emptied my Camelback. I just kept riding to the next stop, and collapsed in a big heap there.

This year it has been better, only one day above 40 so far. Even in Winter daytime temps can hit 25 degrees
OK OK, so its too hot to ride, the hardships that must be endured.
But I know that in AUS they do sell very nice light weigh, breathable and protective jackets for riders.

Too hot???? Rub it in...
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Trust me, at 40+ degrees in the best jacket money can buy, its still to hot..

Sit in an oven, point a hair dryer at your face at . Turn it on, now leave it there for 4 or 5 hours Thats what its like...Welcome to the Outback

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page