How to identify genuine Triumph gear - Triumph Bobber Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By XHellcat
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ed_Bobber's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 131
Garage
How to identify genuine Triumph gear

Hey all

I was interested in the sticky with the suspect Bobber jacket and wondered if anyone knew a good way of identifying the model/name of a particular item. Google hasn't helped so far.

I've bought and sold a handful of jackets over the last few months trying to find the best one and have settled on 3 that are keepers. They've been a mixture of dealer and eBay buys and I haven't at any point questioned the items I've bought as they've all looked straight enough, the quality and weight of the leather feels good, the labelling poppers/zips all seem legit. However, it would be nice to put a name to the jacket I'm trying to sell at the moment. I have a local Rocket III riding buyer lined up (he's actually just put his order for the Rocket III TFC in lucky b*stard) but if it's not right for him will be relisting on Ebay and probably link to it here for my international bobber brethren.

Pic below for reference.

Cheers, Ed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Label and Knox.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	32965   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jacket front.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	32967   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jacket back.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	32969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jacket back print.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	32971  

Mainly asking questions out of stupidity since 2017
Ed_Bobber is offline  
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 02:50 PM
Senior Member
 
ysoslo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota
Posts: 1,171
Garage
I really like the look of that first jacket with the quilted shoulders. I have no idea how to tell whether a jacket is genuine Triumph or a knock-off though. Do both jackets have a Triumph manufacturing tag inside?

Each one matters.
ysoslo is online now  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ed_Bobber's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 131
Garage
Hi ysolo

Yes, I would say the tags all look pretty good and the fact there is the original Knox tag for the armour and a bag of spares makes me pretty confident that it's genuine, or that the fakers have gone to such lengths that it is equal to the original.

Mainly asking questions out of stupidity since 2017
Ed_Bobber is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 05:59 PM
Junior Member
 
XHellcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Chicago, IL.
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Bobber View Post
Hey all

I was interested in the sticky with the suspect Bobber jacket and wondered if anyone knew a good way of identifying the model/name of a particular item. Google hasn't helped so far.

I've bought and sold a handful of jackets over the last few months trying to find the best one and have settled on 3 that are keepers. They've been a mixture of dealer and eBay buys and I haven't at any point questioned the items I've bought as they've all looked straight enough, the quality and weight of the leather feels good, the labelling poppers/zips all seem legit. However, it would be nice to put a name to the jacket I'm trying to sell at the moment. I have a local Rocket III riding buyer lined up (he's actually just put his order for the Rocket III TFC in lucky b*stard) but if it's not right for him will be relisting on Ebay and probably link to it here for my international bobber brethren.

Pic below for reference.

Cheers, Ed
Greetings,

Did you finalize the sale of that jacket yet? If not I'm wondering what size it is?

Cheers!
Dan
XHellcat is online now  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ed_Bobber's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 131
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by XHellcat View Post
Greetings,



Did you finalize the sale of that jacket yet? If not I'm wondering what size it is?



Cheers!

Dan
Afraid so Dan, it made it's way to someone on this forum.

I tried to amend my posts to show it's sold but struggled a little.

Sorry you missed out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mainly asking questions out of stupidity since 2017
Ed_Bobber is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ed_Bobber's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 131
Garage
Scratch that, I actually sold this one to someone local, it was another I sold to a forum member.

I keep my eyes open for jackets so will post more for sale as I find decent opportunities.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mainly asking questions out of stupidity since 2017
Ed_Bobber is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 06:28 PM
Junior Member
 
XHellcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Chicago, IL.
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Bobber View Post
Scratch that, I actually sold this one to someone local, it was another I sold to a forum member.

I keep my eyes open for jackets so will post more for sale as I find decent opportunities.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks. If you ever see one like that again in a size Large, I'm interested.
Ed_Bobber likes this.
XHellcat is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE: 17 Triumph Bobber Ironstone BearJu Triumph Bobber Parts 31 07-10-2019 11:43 AM
Phoenix Arizona Triumph Roy Triumph Bonneville Bobber Dealers, Pricing And Orders 5 03-10-2019 01:48 PM
Triumph Opens Up Its Factory To tours Bonneville Bobber News Bonneville Bobber News 3 02-03-2018 11:50 AM
5 Things Journalists Raved About on The 2017+ Triumph Bobber Administrator Bonneville Bobber News 1 12-17-2016 09:21 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome