Are wonderkind fender struts legal in uk looking for options to get rid of the barn d - Triumph Bobber Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Are wonderkind fender struts legal in uk looking for options to get rid of the barn d

Are wonderkind fender struts legal in the uk looking for options to get rid of the barn door back end
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 07:21 PM
GPz

Seriously? It's F#*^king unbelievable what you guys have to worry about over there. Thank God our forefathers ran the oppressors out of here with their tails between their legs before we became subjects too.

Tell your dirtbag politicians to f^ck off and move to the USA. We will welcome you with open arms. First beer's on me and you can use any kind of fender strut you want and nobody will ever say sh!t about it. Or no fender at all, for that matter.

-GPz/Gary
ArmchairHero likes this.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 07:58 PM

The led indicator lights are E approved if that helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 08:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Morris View Post
Are wonderkind fender struts legal in the uk looking for options to get rid of the barn door back end
If they're E-marked (which they are) and good enough to get German TUV approval (which they do) they should sail through a UK MOT in terms of brightness and function. However I did see recently that there's now a minimum distance for motorcycle indicators. This is what the .Gov MOT site says:

Mandatory direction indicators must have minimum separation distances between the illuminating surfaces of:

solo motorcycles – 240mm at the front and 180mm at the rear
motorcycle combinations – 400mm at both front and rear
There is no requirement to measure the separation distance and they should only be rejected if the separation distance is obviously incorrect.

But I doubt these rules are enforced that strictly and I would think if they look bright enough you shouldn't have any issues but you pay's your money you take your chance. If I were you you I'd have a chat with my local MOT station before I pulled the trigger.

I do hope they say yes because the Wunderkind rear end is the neatest I seen, they look awesome and if you can live with a side plate go for it!
eisen77 and Chico like this.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 05:51 AM

Garage
Oops, I've just measured the distance between the Bobber's rear fender struts and you'll be pleased to know it is roughly 180mm, so I far as I can see you shouldn't have any issues with the MOT.

But as it's an expensive purchase I'd still double check.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 02:26 PM

Wunderkin doesn't explicitly say that the brackets are compatible with OEM fender. Does anyone happen to know if "universal" means that they are? I'm looking at these as an option myself. I saw them on AJ's website today when looking around.

D

I've spent my fortune on wine, women, and motorcycles. The rest I wasted on everything else.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 12:03 PM

I have had them on my bobber for about a year and I have had no problem with them, which are on a cut down standard fender and speaking to triumph they seem to think there should not be a problem with them for mot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190530_165231_1574611306222.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	237.5 KB
ID:	39967  
Bobber-Bomb likes this.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPz View Post
Seriously? It's F#*^king unbelievable what you guys have to worry about over there. Thank God our forefathers ran the oppressors out of here with their tails between their legs before we became subjects too.

Tell your dirtbag politicians to f^ck off and move to the USA. We will welcome you with open arms. First beer's on me and you can use any kind of fender strut you want and nobody will ever say sh!t about it. Or no fender at all, for that matter.

-GPz/Gary
at least we do not have to worry about people carrying guns, semi-automatic rifles and the like... sometimes rules are not so bad

2017 Bonneville Bobber in jet black
2013 Tiger 800 roadie in crystal white
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derchef62 View Post
at least we do not have to worry about people carrying guns, semi-automatic rifles and the like... sometimes rules are not so bad
Tell that to the Bataclan survivors. GPz the MOT is a mandatory yearly check on three year old or older vehicles. It is a pita, but does serve a purpose. The cars and bikes do at least in theory get a yearly safety check.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's_yer_firkin View Post
Tell that to the Bataclan survivors. GPz the MOT is a mandatory yearly check on three year old or older vehicles. It is a pita, but does serve a purpose. The cars and bikes do at least in theory get a yearly safety check.
in 2018 almost 15,000 people were killed by guns in the US.... and 875 in France in 2016.... get my point?

2017 Bonneville Bobber in jet black
2013 Tiger 800 roadie in crystal white

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page