We are now a Booster Plug Dealer - Triumph Bobber Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

We are now a Booster Plug Dealer

We are now a stocking dealer for the Booster Plug. (First order is enroute). This is a great alternative to the other fuel mapping options on the market at a much lower cost.

https://www.ajcyclesny.com/product-p...module-triumph

Available to bobber forum members for $151.99 with our 5% off code “bobber”
eisen77 and Mike the Bike like this.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 09:10 AM

Nice. I'm torn. I was thinking of getting a Power Commander V (ignition control ) with a custom tune, 2 maps, one for town and the other for the mountain roads. I was told this will give me 7-10 HP. Not sure I'm willing to pull the trigger for $800 parts and labor. This booster plug seems the simplest route. If anyone has any experiences in convincing me to go either way, please chime in.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

I have had both (well, amongst other fuelling accessories)
While i have no doubt that the PCV is a good add on (once set up and installed correctly) i can say that the Booster Plug is alot faster to install, much cheaper and does give positive results.

My goal was never to get more power. I just wanted clean, smooth low down grunt without the jerkiness and the Booster Plug has helped achieve this (together with very smooth throttle response).
As i write this, i have no urge to try a PCV on the Bobber - which in itself speaks volumes for the Booster Plug.
HOWEVER I am very interested to see if the Booster Plugs works well in the peak of summer too (as it tricks fuelling by changing ambient temp. data). If it does not, then i will indeed try a PCV & autotune module...
Mike the Bike likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Vendor

We are offering them as a cheaper alternative to the PCV setup. Many people have asked us if we are a dealer and we decided to become one.
Thanks. Brian
Mike the Bike likes this.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 12:11 PM

Garage
If your ride is an R1 and you want to take it to the track then the power commander is your go to mod. If you ride a Bobber (or any of the triumph fuel injected motors) and you want to iron out the low rev jerking then it’s the booster.

Here’s how one of the other booster plug dealers compared the 2

Imagine that the fuel injection computer on your motorcycle is a robot that is painting a wall.
- The robot is well made, constructed and programmed by skilled engineers that know what they are doing.
- It applies the paint on the wall nicely and all robot moves are controlled with high precision.
- Only issue is that the applied paint layer is a bit thin in some areas.

- The Power Commander will disable the original programming and let you take control of all parameters.
- The result is often like dropping a grenade in a bucket of paint - You will have plenty of paint everywhere, but the result is neither pretty or desirable!

- The BoosterPlug will cooperate with the original computer and let it stay in charge, but will just make the paint layer a bit thicker where needed.
eisen77 and Mike the Bike like this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 01:07 PM

I put in the bobber code, but it wouldn't accept it. Help
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 02:01 PM

It's possible some are expecting the Booster Plug to do more that it is designed to do.
It's not going to create a new map, it's not going to create more power.
This is not a fuel management system.

It's simply designed to force the ECU to add a bit of fuel (enrich) in the lower rpm range to smooth out throttle response and eliminate some popping in the exhaust.
Ever notice when the bike is cold how it runs smoother less exhaust popping> That's because the ECU is adding a bit fore fuel.
In a round about way the booster plug is fooling the ECU into thinking the engine is slightly cooler than it actually is , so it adds a bit more fuel.

Simply stated it's a smart design

In the higher RPM's it will not affect the fueling
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
It's possible some are expecting the Booster Plug to do more that it is designed to do.
It's not going to create a new map, it's not going to create more power.
This is not a fuel management system.

It's simply designed to force the ECU to add a bit of fuel (enrich) in the lower rpm range to smooth out throttle response and eliminate some popping in the exhaust.
Ever notice when the bike is cold how it runs smoother less exhaust popping> That's because the ECU is adding a bit fore fuel.
In a round about way the booster plug is fooling the ECU into thinking the engine is slightly cooler than it actually is , so it adds a bit more fuel.

Simply stated it's a smart design

In the higher RPM's it will not affect the fueling
Would this extra fuel, in turn, also mean more to burn and lager bang in the cylinder equaling a kind of false level of more power? Is the engine generating more hp, no, but are you getting more of it at lower RPMs....possibly? Even a slight amount?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muensterDeath View Post
Would this extra fuel, in turn, also mean more to burn and lager bang in the cylinder equaling a kind of false level of more power? Is the engine generating more hp, no, but are you getting more of it at lower RPMs....possibly? Even a slight amount?
I suppose it's possible but so slight your seat of the pants dyno want detect it, but your placebo might
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbob41 View Post
I put in the bobber code, but it wouldn't accept it. Help
Should work now
Thanks

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page