Introduction to A&J Cycles - Triumph Bobber Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Introduction to A&J Cycles

Just wanted to take a few moments to introduce ourselves. We are a small shop located 30 minutes outside of New York City. We carry a full line of products for Hinckley Triumph Twins including the bobber. Some of the vendors we carry are Free Spirits (forward controls, intakes, X-Pipes), Rizoma (Turn Signals), Motone, Cone Engineering, and now British customs. Our goal is to provide a personal experience to every customer. We are not just here to sell you parts, but to help you throughout selection, purchase and installation process to help you build the bike you really want. We will use this forum to post about new product releases, product install videos and tutorials, special events and any sales that we are offering. We do offer free shipping to the United States 365 days a year and we ship internatonally every day. We can also install any parts and service your Triumph at our shop located in Hillburn, NY. Feel free to send over private messages or post in here with any questions you may have. We look forward to working with all of you.

Sincerely,

Brian Ballard - Owner
AJCyclesNY.com
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 08:57 PM

You folks need to find a clean fender eliminator option for these bikes.... Thanks!
Any Discounts for Members?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 12:24 PM

Theres a lot of options just depends how creative you are. I created the original tron/Ducati like LED strip for the thruxton which wasn't that hard. Apparently I should've copyrighted it or something. But I have something in mind for the bobber. Real simple too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 07:56 PM

Good to know, I like dealing with the little guy other than the big don't care about customer service people....

USArmy 71-73
USMC 75-78-0351
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 05:36 AM

Best of luck Brian, being a UK resident I will certainly check out the website.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 07:40 AM

I put in a call to A & J yesterday for some information on teh STS system. Brian spent an hour on the phone answering questions and was amazing. The end of the conversation resulted in advice to me to wait and make a measurement before I buy, and to offer a potential lower cost alternative to another purchase. I wll be a customer for a long time. A great experience.
SineApps likes this.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 04:20 PM

Finally got around to installing everything I picked up from AJ cycles. Really nice guys and took care of me. Great little shop for sure.

Got free spirits air intake and extra headlamp setup

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator

First of all, your bike looks fantastic. BUT your dog.....WOW ! Stunning !!!!!

How is the FreeSpirits air intake mod? Does it disturb your knees/seating position at all?
This is the one mod i have put off doing. Being 6 ī1, i am a bit concerned that the intakes will disturb my legs/knees.
Would it be possible to post a pic of you (or someone) sitting on the bike - to see knee/tank/intake positioning?

Do the intakes affect power & increase induction roar (in a positive way)?

Look forward to hearing your input.

Last edited by eisen77; 10-18-2017 at 01:52 AM.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearJu View Post
Finally got around to installing everything I picked up from AJ cycles. Really nice guys and took care of me. Great little shop for sure.

Got free spirits air intake and extra headlamp setup

Looks great!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
First of all, your bike looks fantastic. BUT your dog.....WOW ! Stunning !!!!!

How is the FreeSpirits air intake mod? Does it disturb your knees/seating position at all?
This is the one mod i have put off doing. Being 6 ī1, i am a bit concerned that the intakes will disturb my legs/knees.
Would it be possible to post a pic of you (or someone) sitting on the bike - to see knee/tank/intake positioning?

Do the intakes affect power & increase induction roar (in a positive way)?

Look forward to hearing your input.

Haha thanks, heís a Great Dane. Big giant mush is what he is.

Iím 6í2Ē and I donít feel like it bugs me at all. I generally donít ride with my knees tucked into the tank unless Iím really pushing it into some corners. At which case actually because of being taller and my leg length my legs basically go right in front of them and Iím still able to grip the tank. You can feel them and know theyíre there but doesnít disrupt the ride at all. Iíll see what I can do about getting some pics.

I definitely feel like the bike is louder, throaty, and a bit more punch to it but I also installed an x-pipe at the same time so could also be because of that. Iíll see what I can do about some videos as well.

This was my quick fab for a cover under the seat. I have extra if anyone wants a set, just cover the shipping for it. Iíd like something nicer but this is a simple quick fix.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page