Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Cranberry Red/Frozen Silver 2018 Edition

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Mike the Bike 
#1 ·
Here's my 2018 Cranberry Red/Frozen Silver Bobber.

Her name is Guinevere.
She just got her first service today after owning her since last Monday. 800km go real quick; (actually it was just 663km, my dealer had no problem with that).

I'm in a minority here; but I'm one of the chosen few that actually really like the Statement seat! My arse fits!
Sure it's a bit hard after some serious miles, but if you could see what I've been sitting on in the past 40 years.....:wink2:

Next mods; peep mirrors, edge trim around tank seam; cruise control; fat grips and Motul 300V 10w40.

Dear Mr. Adminstrator, please add this to the other stickies, for all Cranberry Red/Frozen Silver owners.
Cheers!
mike

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who also loves the statement seat (there's a few threads on how a lot of folks think it's terrible). Just got it last week and I like it better than the stock seat. Has a better shape/angle to it that fits me better. Plus I previously had a really hard Corbin seat on my sportster for 10 years prior to the Bobber so I'm pretty accustomed to that type of seat. Was also thinking about it, and throughout my entire life my desk chairs have always been wooden ones. Even today, my computer station desk chair is an ikea wooden folding one that I love and have never thought about changing. Wonder if that in some way has conditioned me? Who knows. Anyways, enjoy your ride and have fun with the mods!

#8 ·
Nice!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who also loves the statement seat (there's a few threads on how a lot of folks think it's terrible). Just got it last week and I like it better than the stock seat. Has a better shape/angle to it that fits me better. Plus I previously had a really hard Corbin seat on my sportster for 10 years prior to the Bobber so I'm pretty accustomed to that type of seat. Was also thinking about it, and throughout my entire life my desk chairs have always been wooden ones. Even today, my computer station desk chair is an ikea wooden folding one that I love and have never thought about changing. Wonder if that in some way has conditioned me? Who knows. Anyways, enjoy your ride and have fun with the mods!
It takes a real man to be able to tame the Statement seat. Think the way a Cowboy is able to tame the wild Mustang, like I said, a real man..... LOL...>:)

#6 ·

It's that same sort of thing you have on some old style helmets going around the edge; made of black rubber.
Some older bikes used to have it on the welded tank edge to finish it off nicely.
I found it on eBay, 4 metres or so of the stuff:smile2:

I'll put up a pic of it when I'm done; haven't received it yet, should be here this week.

Cheers!

mike

#9 · (Edited)
I dig it. Looks great.

What is this tank trim you speak of?
Fitted the Barrel Grips & Peep mirrors & tank trim recently....

The tank trim can be clearly seen here; it's been the most cost effective mod to date, costing just €15.00 euros or so. Just push it on and cut to length. This particular trim is also metal reinforced.

Hope you like the pics.
Cheers!
mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.