Electrical problem - Triumph Bobber Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Electrical problem

Hi all just thought I would post about a problem I have with my bobber.It started a couple of weeks ago I called at local petrol station fuelled up then reset my trip and set off after a mile or so I noticed my trip wasn’t working still on 0 miles then my abs warning light came on followed by the spanner symbol then I lost indicators and brake light then it just cut out and wouldn’t start got relayed to dealer who said it showed no fault codes but thought it could have been the power cable to speedo wasn’t connected properly (had been replaced a couple of months ago under warranty) so anyhow all seemed good.The following week I filled up again reset trip and set off again the trip failed to work and fearing the worst I returned bike to dealer who’s going to contact the factory as they haven’t come across this before anyone else had any issues similar to these.

Cheers
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 11:07 PM

Garage
Sorry to hear you're having trouble, but thanks for letting us know. Please keep us in the loop once you hear back from Triumph about it.

Each one matters.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 11:16 PM

Garage
Well, that's a new one. Definitely post when you find out the diagnosis. Hope it all works out as it should.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 03:59 PM

Feel for you. They have really done a shabby job with the electrical system. Personally I feel it's sometimes due to water ingress as I have used mine in all weather's and had several issues. Good luck with it.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 07:24 PM

Garage
Next step is a new loom, the electrics on mine have been awful.

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 08:13 PM

That sounds like a loose battery cable.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 07:56 AM

Thatís why I got rid of my Speedmaster very similar issues , let me down in Europe and had to be recovered back to the UK .

Problems with the battery showing flat then starting , delays with it turning over on pressing the start switch and finally my indicators went on the day I was taking it into the dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Hi all just a quick update the dealer changed the speedo hoping it would cure the problem which it unfortunately did not whilst on the lift the mechanic noticed oil leaking down the wiring harness over the regulator/rectifier which he seems to think is the problem in the mean time Iíve test rode a speed triple and am considering trading my bobber in
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Well the bobber needed a regulator/rectifier and a new alternator all sorted under warranty sadly I traded it in for a speed triple after they lent me one as a loan bike whilst mine was in for repair after two weeks on it I was hooked and they had a lovely 2018 speed triple s in with only 800 miles on so the deal was done anyhow enjoyed my time with the bobber just the last few issues I’ve had I lost faith in it

Cheers Andy
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 01:40 PM
Roy

Garage
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the update. Always sad when one looses faith in a bike but totally understandable.

Sounds like you got a great trade in and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I wish you all good things with this new bike.

Let's see a pic mate?

Cheerio,

Roy
eisen77 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page