• 1 Post By Kiwi67
  • 2 Post By Kiwi67
  • 2 Post By Ribkick

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Throttle Stuck

Hello All,

Last night I was working on getting my high bars installed, and extending all of my lines. On my new bars, when I tighten the throttle control clamp the throttle tube gets stuck open. It wont 'snap back' to a neutral position. For the life of me I cant figure out why. When its slightly loose on the bars it will snap back. As soon as I tighten the clamp it seems like its pinching. Its important to note that they are not triumph bars, There's no holes in the bars, and they are 1 inch.

Anybody ever had this problem or have any ideas?

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

I can only imagine it's a tolerance issue and that the bars are very slightly thicker than they should be. Maybe try fitting a washer between the throttle block and the hand control unit to give it a little more space? Or sand a ring around where the throttle block goes to reduce diameter?
Roy likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoItsIsaac View Post
Hello All,

Last night I was working on getting my high bars installed, and extending all of my lines. On my new bars, when I tighten the throttle control clamp the throttle tube gets stuck open. It wont 'snap back' to a neutral position. For the life of me I cant figure out why. When its slightly loose on the bars it will snap back. As soon as I tighten the clamp it seems like its pinching. Its important to note that they are not triumph bars, There's no holes in the bars, and they are 1 inch.

Anybody ever had this problem or have any ideas?
Are they triumph bars? If they are there should be a small hole on the front side of the bars and there will be a pin on the throttle housing make sure they are lined up. If they are aftermarket bars you may have to sand the paint off and drill a hole in the front side to let it sit right
Roy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi67 View Post
Are they triumph bars? If they are there should be a small hole on the front side of the bars and there will be a pin on the throttle housing make sure they are lined up. If they are aftermarket bars you may have to sand the paint off and drill a hole in the front side to let it sit right
They are not Triumph bars. They are TC Bros. Are you talking about the pin on the inside of the clamp? Or does there need to be a hole somewhere else?

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 01:02 PM

Yes that pin. If you look at your old bars you’ll see the hole I’m talking about and if they are power coated you’ll have to sand it down to the metal the power coating makes it slightly larger. When I did mine I also put a thin layer of grease on it to help it
Roy and RRBuGGz75 like this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 06:21 PM

Had same problem with Biltwell high bars. Stock handlebar are straight, but these bars are at the place where the clamp is already bent. My solution was to enlarge the opening of the clamp where the throttle tube comes in. Sorry for bad English, hope you will copy..
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryk View Post
Had same problem with Biltwell high bars. Stock handlebar are straight, but these bars are at the place where the clamp is already bent. My solution was to enlarge the opening of the clamp where the throttle tube comes in. Sorry for bad English, hope you will copy..

Perfect English. I'm sure all will agree.
Harryk and Roy like this.

2018 Bobber in Morello Red

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page