Quote:
Originally Posted by ivx675 View Post
270 crank for more torque and vibrations, but real life is still
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy3OhuR5Lro
The good old days of the 2 stroke!
Guzzilazz likes this.

Riding Free
post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

After 4 month and 13.5k km ride on bike this time. i say the air box is devil. Wind is the what will such vacuum in airbox and after it runs like crap. If zero wind days or wind is from back in ideal, it will like like a charm, no vibrations - d-am-n smooth. Now the bad, there is almost wind , so there are few days when you get ride that you do expect.
I can say no humidity,temperature,barometric pressure will affect so lot as wind.
It's probably related where you live too. As many of you ride open helmet, in my era, helmet with glass is not visible after 200km(day or two ride in my case by average), the insects will say hello, also they take care of my Richa leather jacket, it's always oiled.
Now my question to POD filters installers, does it make any noticable difference ?
post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 06:24 AM

Vibrations!?!? .. compared to WHAT!?.. after riding my 68 650 ridgid with the motor directly bolted to the frame (cracked)...
My bobber (to me) feels like a jet turbine .. even compared to my CB 450dohc..
But I do not ride at high speeds for long durations either..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Axel View Post
Vibrations!?!? .. compared to WHAT!?.. after riding my 68 650 ridgid with the motor directly bolted to the frame (cracked)...
My bobber (to me) feels like a jet turbine .. even compared to my CB 450dohc..
But I do not ride at high speeds for long durations either..
Just saying it sometimes rides **** smooth if wind direction is perfect or zero wind, on front wind from some direction engine loose all its smoothness.
Also throttle is much less responsive too.
As said i suspect that wind will such vacuum to airbox and engine doesn't get enough air.
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 09:00 AM

Garage
I don't think you've proved a causal relationship between wind and rough running... The impact of bike velocity is much greater than wind speed. For example, on land 15mph wind feels quite breezy, you are riding at 50 mph at Severe Gale... I could believe it if you had humidity measures as well, because the water droplets in the induction air will have gas adhere to the outside, and when the water boils the fuel mix is improved.

However, if it's THAT noticeable, I would think it's much more likely to be throttle bodies or something similar out of kilter

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #46 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Humidity not related, i tell why: Normally i ride 100km rides, 50km and then 50km back. Why 50km rides smooth and another 50km not.
Sometimes its smooth on first part of 50km, sometimes when i ride back, depending on wind direction.
I doubt humidity changes during a half an hour and same way on many rides.
post #47 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 02:03 PM

Garage
I suppose you could grab a set of ram air intakes off something like a ZX10, spray paint them black and hook em up to the airbox(es?), faster you go better it gets then!

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #48 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:36 AM

Yes I am getting vibration from the engine and felt under the seat from 3000-3600 revs.
There is also the engine knocking sound that I do not like.
500 miles on the clock had the oil changed.
Will see how it goes for another 100 miles and compare with a test ride Bobber from the showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motosickle View Post
Vibrates the **** out of it.
But that was the thing with the old 790 and 865 ccm 270° engines as well.
The 1200 Thruxton and Bonnevilles are much smoother.

I get more and more tired of the Bobber because of its vibration, poor brakes and footpeg scraping when riding a bit faster. Even my old 2003 Speedmaster outperforms this bike when speaking about drivability. Theres no way to bring the pegs upwards and no linkage to lift the bike via the shock, most people even think about forward controls (WTF?). Was riding with a friend, me on the bobber, he on his 1951 T6 Thunderbird (which is the designsceme for our Bobber). He outperformed me with this bike because of weight and groundclearence in corners. As the american Trumpet says: ..very disapointing, sad, so sad. Usually when riding with him on my Bonneville or w650 there is no problem.

Think of selling the bike and invest into a 1100-kit for my old Speedmaster.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page