Dyno run - Triumph Bobber Forum
 33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Dyno run

Some of you may know I like to mess with my bikes a bit,
so after playing around with it I wanted to know where the bike is at before I get my reground cams fitted.
Result dyno man told me is 92.8rwhp & 84ftlb, this was only a power run as in 2weeks it comes apart again.
Stock I believe is 76hp & 78ftlb at the crankshaft, so gained a bit
When I get my new cams in I reckon 105bhp is a reasonable target, not bad for a blobber.
Oh & speed restriction is obvious on the dyno.
Bonnie, tedman and Psychopasta like this.
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 04:07 PM

So, may I ask what are the mods you have undertaken so far to go from stock to where you are now before cams? Which tuner are you using? Love to see a chart of the AFR and if the CF is in SAE. You are definitely one of the pioneers! Good luck.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 04:13 PM

BTW, those are huge gains so far, if you went from 76 bhp to almost 93 rwhp! Using a rule of thumb that losses from bhp to rwhp equal about 12-13%, you are already at 93 rwhp. target of 105 bhp seems conservative, given reground cams? Am I missing something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Some air box work,my own decat & exit pipes to allow universal (Cheap) silencers I use goldies.
Head off, I flowed ports & Pretech gave it a quick skim, & PCV.
No tuner just me winging it as usual, here is pic of the head being done on a very professional cardboard box work bench, on the floor of my garage.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 05:01 PM

Any guess on gains stock with decat exhaust and PCV tune?
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirCooled View Post
Any guess on gains stock with decat exhaust and PCV tune?
If you are only doing decat I would not bother with PCV gains would be minimal & not cost effective.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 05:46 PM

Great, thanks. Following your progress.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 03:10 AM

Like that! Thumbs up! But I think you got a lot of money to burn as you break a almost new bike.

What about using a thruxton camshaft with ported heads, bigger ventiles and a new map?

The difference in the power output between T120s and the Bobber ist that the bobber has a smaller airbox because of its swingarmconfig. I am not a friend of pods an no airbox as it is not useable in rain and bad weather and the output-range and tolerace to different weather- and airpressureconditions ist getting smaller due the setup.
Using a cleaned up airbox or building a new one, makes it more of a daily driver in all conditions. Looking at the original-Triumph airbox makes me wonder if a big big hose between the left and right side + holes left and right would at least double up the airvolume. This would bring a big improvement. +all the other mods...

Dan
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by motosickle View Post
Like that! Thumbs up! But I think you got a lot of money to burn as you break a almost new bike. What about using a thruxton camshaft with ported heads, bigger ventiles and a new map?
The difference in the power output between T120s and the Bobber ist that the bobber has a smaller airbox because of its swingarmconfig. I am not a friend of pods an no airbox as it is not useable in rain and bad weather and the output-range and tolerace to different weather- and airpressureconditions ist getting smaller due the setup.
Using a cleaned up airbox or building a new one, makes it more of a daily driver in all conditions. Looking at the original-Triumph airbox makes me wonder if a big big hose between the left and right side + holes left and right would at least double up the airvolume. This would bring a big improvement. +all the other mods...Dan
Dan Cams are the same, I have flowed the head, other maps not available I use pcv, I do have some ideas but will try them out on my bike before posting.
I have modded airbox/filters so it is getting enough air.
motosickle likes this.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

I went out on the blobber today & gave it some beans, it accelerates at least as quickly as my TTR, hardly needs the new cams but boys will be boys,
so they are going in end of this week, then that's it power wise, it can surprise a lot of people, looking so old then showing them its heels.