Bike Cover - Triumph Bobber Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Bike Cover

I'm after an indoor cover for the winter layup, something like the soft canvas ones Harley do. I was surprised to find out Triumph don't do them, there missing out on a marketing opportunity there.

Something in black with the Triumph emblem or the Bobber emblem would be nice. Anyone got any suggestions not seen any advertised anywhere?
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 08:45 PM

I bought a cheap, grey cover when I bought my 2010 TBird. The outside of the cover is waterproof material and the inside was cotton-lined. There's also metal cord and lock to secure the thing to keep the honest from peeking. My initial thoughts were like yours (as I was proud to be a Triumph owner again), then thinking about it, I decided that if I were using it on a road trip (and say sleeping in a hotel), I really didn't want anyone to know what it was. No use in advertising so that they would be interested in stealing it.

Most men that do thrive in the world do forget to take pleasure during the time they're getting their estate, but reserve that til they have got one, and then it is too late to enjoy it. Samuel Pepys
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walenut View Post
I'm after an indoor cover for the winter layup, something like the soft canvas ones Harley do. I was surprised to find out Triumph don't do them, there missing out on a marketing opportunity there.

Something in black with the Triumph emblem or the Bobber emblem would be nice. Anyone got any suggestions not seen any advertised anywhere?
I got this and it's the same breathable cover Harley makes (I have the Harley cover for my Harley). Doesn't say Bobber but it is a perfect fit. Use the MD size. I too can't believe Triumph doesn't make a cover. Do not get a waterproof cover for inside storage.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...x-indoor-cover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 07:43 AM

Garage
Get the other half to knock something up from some old sheets and get them on Fleabay.
I use a light weight one when away, and a more heavy duty when at home outside. BUT now I have a garage I dont feel the need.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Cheers Guys, given me something to go on. Can't imagine the wife sowing anything, no even sure she knows how to sow! Can any women sow these days?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
Those covers seem pretty useless. It's like wearing a rain jacket when it rains and go naked from the waist down.

Chico
MX429 likes this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico View Post
Those covers seem pretty useless. It's like wearing a rain jacket when it rains and go naked from the waist down.

Chico
Don´t knock it til you tried it.
Everything i recommend on this forum is from personal experience. I´ve owned two Geza Gear covers and they are excellent both for travelling and indoor use (Walenut is looking for an indoor cover...)
In fact they are amongst the highest quality covers you can buy (apart from hand made SUNBRELLA fabric covers).
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 03:43 PM

I just bought a Geza Gear cover for indoor storage. I'll supply a pic once I put in on the bike.
eisen77, Ancient Hippy and ysoslo like this.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-22-2017, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
Don´t knock it til you tried it.
Everything i recommend on this forum is from personal experience. I´ve owned two Geza Gear covers and they are excellent both for travelling and indoor use (Walenut is looking for an indoor cover...)
In fact they are amongst the highest quality covers you can buy (apart from hand made SUNBRELLA fabric covers).
I'm not questioning the quality of the cover nor your integrity eisen. Just the lack of coverage.

Chico

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page