Dash Resetting - Triumph Bobber Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Dash Resetting

Had an odd issue this week, started on Monday where i ran the bike from back garden out to the front, parked up while i locked the gates then came out, poped key in, waited for the whine to stop then hit the starter, it seemed to catch for about 1/10th of a second then the dash flashed and the needle swept liek it had just been turned on but it zero's everything (apart from the ODO) - trips, clock, mpg, the lot.

Same happened on tuesday, ok weds, then on thurs and twice this morning.

Got it booked in Monday week to the dealer but i'm at a loss ove that. Only thing i can think of is a monster pothole i hit at 90 that pretty much broke the clock mount (just flips up and down on finger pressire or down on every pothole now!) BUT that happened on Weds on the way into work (forced off my usual line by some asshat in a car into the pothole so i could atleast just lift bum off seat as i hit it) after it started happening?

Anyone else get this at all?

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 05:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethariel View Post
Had an odd issue this week, started on Monday where i ran the bike from back garden out to the front, parked up while i locked the gates then came out, poped key in, waited for the whine to stop then hit the starter, it seemed to catch for about 1/10th of a second then the dash flashed and the needle swept liek it had just been turned on but it zero's everything (apart from the ODO) - trips, clock, mpg, the lot.

Same happened on tuesday, ok weds, then on thurs and twice this morning.

Got it booked in Monday week to the dealer but i'm at a loss ove that. Only thing i can think of is a monster pothole i hit at 90 that pretty much broke the clock mount (just flips up and down on finger pressire or down on every pothole now!) BUT that happened on Weds on the way into work (forced off my usual line by some asshat in a car into the pothole so i could atleast just lift bum off seat as i hit it) after it started happening?

Anyone else get this at all?
Nope, no potholes for me!

Riding Free
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 08:06 PM

Possible Loose wire or bad ground?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
But only when hitting the starter? - very odd but hopefully dealer can fix....I love a warranty!

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

My fuel gauge reads zero - and then gets a proper reading within a few hundred meters of riding.
Not sure about the mpg reading, etc as I didn't bother to check them.
This happened has happened a few times since I had the cruise control + software update.
But it doesn't really bother me as the fuel gauge always resets to accurate when it does happen.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page