Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Adding Cruise Control - tech question

7K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  James Fallon 
#1 ·
Question for the group. Anyone pick up the cruise control module and do install themselves?

The install is simple enough but then the instructions indicate an ECM reflash is needed BEFORE firing up the bike.

I am happy to support my local dealer when buying parts, but I'd rather do easy mechanical work myself. However, getting the bike to the shop afterwards for reprogramming without riding it there is a challenge.

Just curious if the instructions are over cautious or if the bike won't otherwise be safe to ride. I don't expect the cruise function to work until reprogram, but is there another issue to be wary of?

#5 ·
ECM reflash is needed, but you can do the level and module install yourself. Have to peel back the tank and undo clutch cable, remove hand grip and then the stock module. Then button it all up. Was a good little project. Saved the labor as the dealer is going to charge me $129 cdn for the reflash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
I had the dealer do mine. He charged me 150 USD to install the Heated Grips, Cruise control, and Fox Shock. Took him all of 60 minutes to do all three. Recently rode the Bobber from Palm Springs, CA to Crater Lake in Oregon about a 2k mile round trip. The heated grips and cruise control were a God sent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.