ECU Remapped! - Triumph Bobber Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
ECU Remapped!

So I finally got everything needed to remap the ECU and just finished up round 1 of the changes. Iím super stoked, itís a new bike!

In this round I derestricted the throttle so it doesnít cut out over 5,800rpm or so, I raise the rev limit to 7,250 and kept the throttle open all the way up, then I changed the throttle position to make it more aggressive at higher throttle positions. Itís so awesome!! Pulls hard all the way, doesnít even feel like it wants to give up, I canít wait to get my cam in and do some head work to up the compression and clean things up a bit.

Tomorrow Iím going to pull the O2 sensors and turn them off.

I still have the PCV running over the top so I didnít do anything to the AFR table, Iíll leave that alone until I get back to the dyno. I may just leave it on given how much easier it is to tune in real time as I make changes. Once Iím done done I may see if I can get it mapped over but Iím not so sure itís that simple.
Freddy, Sorcath and BurgerBobber like this.
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 09:43 PM

Sounds like a new plan!!
Iím in..
what is step 1?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 10:33 PM

Subscribed! I was thinking of doing the exact same thing. TuneECU remap with PCV piggyback (I use the PCV switch option). Would love to hear some tips on the work you did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Axel View Post
Sounds like a new plan!!
I’m in..
what is step 1?
You need an Android based phone or tablet, download the TuneECU app, then buy the OBDLink Mx+.

From there you can download the stock map and make adjustments to it like the rev limiter, throttle restrictions, and throttle position settings. You’ll want to spend some time learning how it all works first if you don’t know already. You can change AFR and timing settings but I didn’t since I have the PCV over the top adjusting both from a tuner so I left those alone until I could get back in to have them do it.

Like I was saying, you can also disconnect the O2 sensors and disable them in TuneECU but you’ll need plugs and want to physically disconnect them so they don’t get screwed up. I’m going to try that tomorrow. This keeps the bike out of the closed loop setting.

I also need to say I’m pretty sure this voids the warranty and could seriously mess up your bike if you don’t know what you are doing or do it wrong so I’m just the messenger here.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
Subscribed! I was thinking of doing the exact same thing. TuneECU remap with PCV piggyback (I use the PCV switch option). Would love to hear some tips on the work you did.
The throttle derestrict and the rev increase are pretty straightforward. The rev increase is a simple adjustment and I just left the throttle position at max opening from the peak of where they were in the stock map, I’ll post some pictures of the throttle position changes I made. I can’t say I have any magic reason why i made the change I did though, I just thought it “looked” about right, but I’m a finance guy so what the **** do i know.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 12:50 AM

Garage
Sounds amazing but far to technical for me.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
Sounds amazing but far to technical for me.
Not really super technical, esp if you only want to change some basics like rpm limits or fueling to eliminate/increase popping on the overrun.
As rogan.mc says just get the bluetooth OBD & the app.
There is help available on the tuneecu forum.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Pulled the O2 sensors today, made a couple little tweaks, runs fantastic! Definitely smoother in low rpm, low throttle settings. All around better. Only issue I seem to be having is the cruise control stopped working and I canít get it to reset. The MIL light is on and itís annoying. Tried the reset sequence but didnít work, not entirely sure what to try.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 11:17 PM

Do you feel a tangible difference between the PCV only vs TuneECU+PCV? I’d expect the biggest difference to be at the rev limits right?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
Do you feel a tangible difference between the PCV only vs TuneECU+PCV? I’d expect the biggest difference to be at the rev limits right?
Well, it’s hard to say, obviously the higher RPM and derestricting the throttle so it stays wide open is bad ass so TuneECU is worth it for that. I don’t think that’s a knock on the PCV though, it can’t change the throttle restrictions but I’d imagine it will be better for tuning AFR and timing in higher rpm. TuneECU is a bit of guess and check so I don’t plan on tuning with it really, just make broader adjustments I know need to happen and then use PCV to dial it in.

Where TuneECU wins hands down is lower RPM. The ability to disable the closed loop and richen up lower RPM and increase throttle settings on decel and low speed roll out is fantastic. It’s butter smooth and throttle sensitivity is way better.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page