ECU Unlocked! - Triumph Bobber Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
ECU Unlocked!

Just saw Tune ECU has unlocked the 1200WC ECUs. Iíve been waiting for this and Iím pretty excited to see it, will be calling the shop first thing tomorrow. If anyone starts creating their own maps it would be great to hear how it goes.
Sorcath likes this.
post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 10:54 PM

Iím your huckleberry ...
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 12:29 PM

Wow... Keep us posted. I'm all ears on how this turns out. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 08:35 PM

I was only mildly interested in this since I’d gone PCV but I just realized that I can install the tune to remove the limiters THEN use PCV for fine tuning. Now I’m VERY interested.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 11:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
I was only mildly interested in this since Iíd gone PCV but I just realized that I can install the tune to remove the limiters THEN use PCV for fine tuning. Now Iím VERY interested.

This is my exact sentiment. Already have PCV installed, was waiting on ANYBODY to work around the ECU . Im interested in knowing if anybody has done this yet

So long, and thanks for all the fish!
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
That was my thought as well. I have the PCV and the usual upgrades, having too much fun to stop there. I have the TEC cam ready to go in and am going to do some head work while Iím at it but with all of the restrictions on it I wasnít sure how much it would really do. I also really want to get rid of the popping on decel and I want to get rid of the throttle restriction up top and raise the rev limit a bit. All the little bits get here over the next few days so Iíll post how it goes with the first few adjustments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
I was only mildly interested in this since Iíd gone PCV but I just realized that I can install the tune to remove the limiters THEN use PCV for fine tuning. Now Iím VERY interested.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogan.mcgillis View Post
That was my thought as well. I have the PCV and the usual upgrades, having too much fun to stop there. I have the TEC cam ready to go in and am going to do some head work while I’m at it but with all of the restrictions on it I wasn’t sure how much it would really do. I also really want to get rid of the popping on decel and I want to get rid of the throttle restriction up top and raise the rev limit a bit. All the little bits get here over the next few days so I’ll post how it goes with the first few adjustments.
Looking forward to your updates!!
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 01:08 AM
Vendor

Even better is you can import your power commander tune in to tune ecu and it will adjust your fuel tables as per the pcv values, then you can ditch your PCV 🙂

Have started playing with tuning our scrambler 1200 and have seen improvements immediately.

If anyone has a dyno tuned PCV map they want to send our way we can use it to create a base tune for the bobbers.
Trace likes this.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 07:04 AM

Presumably this is still bluetooth only? I am still a bit wary of programming an ecu via a flaky BT connection vs wired.
Trace likes this.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I had mine dyno tuned, with pod filters, xpipe, V&H exhaust, ill send it to you as soon as I figure out how to export the map. Still not exactly sure how I do that, I’m assuming that I have to plug in to the PCV to pull? I can’t pull that from the odb2 connector can I?

I should say I live in Denver, does that impact the tune? I know I have power losses due to elevation but the AFR settings in the tune should be same same no matter what right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AandJCycles View Post
Even better is you can import your power commander tune in to tune ecu and it will adjust your fuel tables as per the pcv values, then you can ditch your PCV 🙂

Have started playing with tuning our scrambler 1200 and have seen improvements immediately.

If anyone has a dyno tuned PCV map they want to send our way we can use it to create a base tune for the bobbers.

Last edited by rogan.mcgillis; 09-28-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page