Bigfoot shift lever swap - Triumph Bobber Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Bigfoot shift lever swap

Has one of you folks an idea, where I could get a shorter shift lever for my Bobber baby?

When I jump onto the Bobber from my Thruxton R or my KTM 790 Duke, I always must set my left foot to a fairly unsafe heel position for comfortable upward shiftings with my forefoot. My foot size is EU 42 (which is fairly normal). If I would set the foot on the peg safely (short before the heel), I had to shift upwards with my toe tips, which is painfully ripping of my nails at the end...

Werner Wernersen
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 08:28 AM

Garage
This wont help, but I have EU41 and have no problems with gear changing.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 09:05 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
Has one of you folks an idea, where I could get a shorter shift lever for my Bobber baby?

When I jump onto the Bobber from my Thruxton R or my KTM 790 Duke, I always must set my left foot to a fairly unsafe heel position for comfortable upward shiftings with my forefoot. My foot size is EU 42 (which is fairly normal). If I would set the foot on the peg safely (short before the heel), I had to shift upwards with my toe tips, which is painfully ripping of my nails at the end...

Werner Wernersen

Interesting... I have EU43 with no problems at all. But I have to admit that I always wear really sturdy engineer boots that don´t allow the shifter to push into the toes. I tried softer ones a time or two and immediately felt the pain on my big toe when shifting up.
So maybe try out a different pair of shoes when riding?

Doesn´t matter what you ride... just ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 10:09 AM

Location: I currently live in Chiang Mai Thailand, from Southern California, Costa Mesa
Garage
I have a pretty bigfoot myself size 12 us, I adjusted the shift lever and the linkage now it's good to go!

AKA Slomo Schmecklebaum
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 06:19 AM

Garage
I decided to look at this yesterday, and I have the foot peg towards the back of my foot arch/ in front of the heel when i change gear and the lever is right on my boot pad.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 12:12 PM

Interesting.....I'm getting a white spot on the outside corner of my big toe nail that is tender......and it made me thing of this thread. I'm a big foot (45-47 , depending on brand) , and have realized it's coming from the shifter. I'll have to look in to this.........

So far behind , I think I'm in first place.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page