Motodemic to the rescue....maybe? - Triumph Bobber Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Motodemic to the rescue....maybe?

Prob the wrong section of the forum...apologies...

Took Scoot out for a nice warm up (30F here) and to test out the new Motodemic headlight in the pitch black...

Low beam seemed washed out, high beam was in the clouds.....sounds like I need to adjust the headlight?

What is the norm for a bike headlight angle, say on the flat and pointing at a garage door, and at what distance?

The active portion of the light was great! Though I will assume cast out farther than it should be based on my presumed headlight level.

Appreciate the assistance......I guess I could go sit with some tools on the road and adjust....

Cheers!!!
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Google...25 feet away, top part of low beam 36 inches up. High beam, same distance centered on 36ft high line.,...I'll measure and see how off I am...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 07:47 AM

My factory halogen was much the same. I dont think they did a great job of checking it pre delivery. 30F! Yikes, that's way below my comfort zone. I admire your dedication to the cause.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
After adjusting, and short frozen ride, I think I still need to angle it down some. Low beam is great, but high beam still throwing high.

Pics are 25ft back, tape is 35 inches on garage door as opposed to 36 to account for garage apron. Maybe I should have accounted for more hgt on the apron.

More to come I guess....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before_1.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	17394   Click image for larger version

Name:	before_2.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	17402   Click image for larger version

Name:	after_1.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	17410   Click image for larger version

Name:	after_2.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	17418  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 09:02 PM

Garage
Hmmm, I have always just measured straight up from the ground to the center of the headlight while the bike is upright and me in the saddle (so obviously it helps to have another person but I've also done it myself). Put a mark on a wall 25 feet away at that same height measurement. Then put the light on high beam, sit in the saddle and aim the light at the mark. On high beam, I make the center of the bright region centered on the mark on the wall.

I get good illumination on both high and low and I never get flashed by oncoming drivers.

2018 Triumph Bobber with Triumph brown quilted seat, BC Sleeper Pros, Booster Plug, leather fork bag
2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
2006 Harley Roadking
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerdib View Post
Hmmm, I have always just measured straight up from the ground to the center of the headlight while the bike is upright and me in the saddle (so obviously it helps to have another person but I've also done it myself). Put a mark on a wall 25 feet away at that same height measurement. Then put the light on high beam, sit in the saddle and aim the light at the mark. On high beam, I make the center of the bright region centered on the mark on the wall.

I get good illumination on both high and low and I never get flashed by oncoming drivers.
Yah, I had the Queen on the bike while I did this. I think that I just didn't drop the beam low enough.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page