Brake Flasher - Triumph Bobber Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Brake Flasher

Just ordered this unit from Vizi Tec:

SupaBrake-3 Triumph motorcycle tail light modulators | vizi-tec

Just make sure you specify Bobber in the drop down, as the connectors are slightly different than the Bonneville, but should still be plug and play. No splicing. Try to take a video when it arrives and get it installed. The rear brake light connection is under the battery cover, but the unit is so small I'm not anticipating any issues. Ride safe!
JackCan likes this.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 02:54 PM

You will not need this unless you do the Brembo 4pot brake upgrade!

Werner Wenersen
MikeB likes this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, but here in the US, teen age girls texting and driving has become disturbingly common, let alone soccer moms in their minivans talking on their phones. Stopping fast, the flasher is a really good idea, I agree, but given the above, I always have put these on my scoots. My riding buddies always say they are very noticeable and my wife likes them, too. Cheers
getor, JackCan and Louie like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 05:13 PM

I'm not convinced that a flashing brake light (which is illegal in EU) will improve the safety that much.

I think a real improvement would be a device, which flashes the brake light, when you release the throttle and the engine brake is engaged! I noticed, that the common car driver is not aware of the engine brake capacity of the Bobber in lower gears! This can get very dangerous, if the car behind doesn't keep sufficient distance!

Does somebody know such a device? It could be based on a deceleration sensor maybe....
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

There are several of those devices based on braking and deceleration on the market in the U.S. I always touch my brakes when decelerating, so to me the added functionality is superfluous, but many riders like them. I don't do a great deal of city driving, but the flashers are a definite improvement in visibility. Why else would law enforcement and ambulances use them? They work, plain and simple. YMMV
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 06:05 PM

Thanks tedman. I have been looking for something. Not cheap though!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 01:31 AM

I have the AdMore Light Bar on the Tiger 800. Pretty effective. I also added a brake modulator that uses an accelerometer, it's activated when the bike slows down even without the brake being applied. The problem with this devise is that I can't get it "tuned". It either goes on so often that I've been told that I'm riding my brake or it doesn't go on when the bike decelerates, still trying to find the sweet spot.

Chico
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 02:49 AM

An acceleration (deceleration) sensor based brake light flashing device will be influenced badly by vibrations and by the bumpy roads around for shure. Does somebody know a device, which calculates speed changes by means of the ABS sensor signal or something similar?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 09:34 PM
Vendor

New unit on the market, their self cancelling turn signal module is very well thought out and made
https://www.safer-turn.com/us/smart-brake-module/
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 05:32 PM

Interesting concept. Do you plan on carrying them?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page