Wunderkind accessory install... - Triumph Bobber Forum
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Wunderkind accessory install...

Today i had the small indicator kit, crown nut/screw, horn displacement bracket & bar risers installed.
Total install time : 4 hours with a coffee break.
https://ab-m.de/de/motorradzubehoer-shop/

The kits/parts are VERY well made and the craftsmanship justifies the price .

Install: though i would not attempt installing them by myself, i would think that most members on the board who are handy with (any) tools could manage it quite easily. The most annoying part is taking off the upper triple tree bracket and bars while trying not to scratch anything. All instructions are in German, but common sense and some Google translate is all thats needed for the parts listed above.

The indicators are tiny (and i mean tiny!) & i really like the way it cleans up the front of the bike, which now matches the small rear multi-function indicators from BikeBrothers.
As for horn bracket, it simply moves the horn away from the left header and places it directly behind the radiator. A nice touch that no one will ever notice but me & fellow Bobber owners who dont like looking at the small horn sticking out

The bar risers change the look of the bike. And not necessarily for the better, in my opinion. I REALLY like the aftermarket Triumph bar clamp. It was elegant and suited the bike. The new risers look kind of ugly, BUT they make the bike so much more comfortable (for me) and easier to control. I was filtering through traffic and IMMEDIATELY noticed a difference for the better. Then i took some roundabouts and gentle curves and i can confirm that i feel a considerable, positive change in the handling. So, although i prefer the looks of the Triumph clamp function wins over aesthetics and the risers are staying.
I did not try to install the Triumph clamp with the wunderkind riders. It may or may not work and i may give it a try tomorrow.
I am less hunched and happer for it!
**I am 6´ 1¨ and have the statement seat in the rearmost position

The new brake/clutch levers will arrive tomorrow - so i will update my post once installed.

I would also like to add that the service and attention i received from start to finish was fantastic. Detlef speaks perfect English and was happy to deal with all my questions and emails (i had alot of them )

Enough rambling. Anyone who needs more info is welcome to post here or PM me

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Last edited by eisen77; 01-24-2018 at 01:14 PM.
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 01:07 PM

Looks stellar! As you said, the mods really cleans up the front of the bike. Despite the small size of the indicators do you feel that they are bright enough to be seen clearly?
eisen77 likes this.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 01:12 PM

Thanks for the images, it makes understanding what you have done easier. √
eisen77 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
Looks stellar! As you said, the mods really cleans up the front of the bike. Despite the small size of the indicators do you feel that they are bright enough to be seen clearly?
YEG*Bobber, poet674 and PFEN like this.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 01:18 PM

Thanks for the video. Your photos/video may have me convinced to forego my previous plan for the front end and go with the Wunderkind upgrade. Per Chezqui's comments, your photos make it really easy to appreciate the difference. Thanks again!
eisen77 likes this.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 01:20 PM

Garage
A fine job done there eisen77. looks sweet.

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter007 View Post
A fine job done there eisen77. looks sweet.
Thank you
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Looking good! Now that you have "no see-um" signals up front, any plans for the rears? I see you have changed them already, just curious if going even smaller back there.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muensterDeath View Post
Looking good! Now that you have "no see-um" signals up front, any plans for the rears? I see you have changed them already, just curious if going even smaller back there.
I have the BikeBrothers multi function (& tiny) bullet style lights on the rear.
So now the invisible front matches the invisible rear
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 02:38 PM

Have you the opportunity to get out for a test with the bar risers? Can you offer and feedback on those, length etc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page