Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Weslake TT slash cut pipes

33K views 77 replies 27 participants last post by  tobyg 
#1 ·
Bought and fitted these Weslake TT slash cut pipes today to compliment the Weslake xpipe, must say personally I think it sounds superb very deep tone loud and certainly an improvement over others I have tried. A quick 50 mile blast in 1c certainly blew the cobwebs off both me and the bike which ran without fault, still need to get the air box elimination kit on so maybe next weeks job.

I need to work out why the photos are upside down.... sorry

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I’m lovin’ your pipes Tony!

Just a few question because as I might want to make a purchase in the New Year.

Does Weslake have a website?

Were they made for the Bobber or did you modify a Street Twin set?

Where did you buy them from, was it Square Deals in the UK?

Thanks

#4 ·
Weslake slash cut TT pipes

Hi, Bobber Bomb yes I spoke directly with Frank Bateman at Square deals and I got the first purpose made Bobber set they fit like a glove and I believe he is looking for feedback on this set of pipes before producing more sets I have sent him some photos (right way up) and let him know my thoughts which are all positive, probably best if you drop him a line at triumphpart@gmail.com

Tony

#24 ·
Pics

Hi, Bobber Bomb yes I spoke directly with Frank Bateman at Square deals and I got the first purpose made Bobber set they fit like a glove and I believe he is looking for feedback on this set of pipes before producing more sets I have sent him some photos (right way up) and let him know my thoughts which are all positive, probably best if you drop him a line at triumphpart@gmail.com

Tony
Hi Tony, Any chance of a couple of images of the tail end, did you buy the shortened rear gaurd or cut it yourself. Also where is the number plate holder from?
cheers

#9 ·
Are these a straight pipe like the BC drags or do they have some sort of baffle? I like the idea of a unique sounding bike, but I don't want to wake up the whole neighborhood rolling out with BCs. Looking forward to seeing how these compare.

#13 ·
Hi Tonyalex57,Nice pipes. Would you be able to post a video to show us how does it sound ? I have just purchased my BC pipes and since your post I am really considering returning them and exchanging it for Weslake ones. I am sure that I am not the only one curious to hear it :) Thanks !

#17 ·
So based on above pics I've decided to return my BC drag pipes and swap them for new Weslake slash cuts. I think they look way cooler than the straight cut ones. Frank from Squaredeals told me that they have 9 more of them in stock. Grab them while you can :)

#19 ·
Yeah, I was waiting for the sound too until I couldn’t wait anymore :D and my 30 days return policy was getting dangerously close so decided to give it a try. I will only be installing them in around 3 weeks time so if Tonyalex57 does not send you guys anything then I will try to put a video together.

#21 ·
An indication on what is coming I think... ?

Thanks for sharing the video I love the look of these pipes, they’re by far my favourite of the aftermarket exhausts available for the Bobber and it’s great to hear what they sound like. However IMHO they don’t work with the Thruxton I much prefer the pipes he had on originally. :surprise:

#26 ·
Hi,

I will get some photos over later in the week as I’m away with work currently, the rear end is the triumph short guard and the plate is a Kuryakn curved illuminated plate, the part number for the plate and the swing arm mount are K9251 and K3121 apologies for not getting the Weslake sound sorted yet just cannot get my device to work on YouTube.

#28 ·
Totally agree! Happy to see, that somebody out there doesn't ignore the technical restraints of sound recordings on You Tube!

If you want to know, how loud the weslake slashcuts are in fact, just remove your mufflers! If you threw out the cat too, it would even be twice as loud than this!

To be honest: The slascuts look very sexy, I really like them! But after having ordered them I cancelled the order, cause I don't want to drive with ear plugs! Besides I live in a city, so the police would pull me out of the traffic instantly!

Werner Wernersen:frown2:

#29 ·
If you want to know, how loud the weslake slashcuts are in fact, just remove your mufflers!

Werner Wernersen:frown2:[/QUOTE]

Good idea :wink2:

I must admit though unlike some of the other bikes that I’ve owned (mostly beginning with H and ending in Davidson) changing the stock exhaust wasn’t on my Bobber ’TO DO LIST' as the OEM exhaust looks good and sounds great. :smile2:

But IMHO the Weslake Slash Cuts look even better and they really go well with the old school Bobber vibe, so it’s took me by surprise how much I want these pipes!

My only concern is that they maybe too loud, as I’m way past running bikes with obnoxiously loud exhausts. But from what people have said here and what I’ve read on other forums where owners have put BC Drag Pipes on T120s and Street Twins with the CAT in place it’s only a little bit louder. Which makes sense as that was my impression of the US spec Vance & Hines without baffles that I heard on a bobber at the dealers.

However I’m sure with an added X-pipe as well that would be a wholy different story >:)

#31 ·
BC Tips with the cat keeps is neighbor friendly when warming up while your gloves go on and if u keep it under 2k, on the road it's drowned out by a stage 2 or 3 HD without a doubt, so I'd give it a 6 to 7 out of 10, without the xpipe in as i have heard that pushes it up to an 8 maybe a 9 but not as brutal as a V Twin but then again it's much more fun with the burbles and popping on the overrun

Reactions: Bobber-Bomb
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.