Added a black sprocket cover - Triumph Bobber Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Added a black sprocket cover

My Bobber was ordered in April with a suggested delivery for September, but they called me a couple of weeks ago as they had one in stock in the colour I wanted. It may have been ordered for someone else, but I didn't hesitate to hand over the cash. I had originally planned to add the black engine cases, but I didn't want the dealer to fit them. I tracked down the clutch and primary drive covers to a well known Internet auction site for £30 less than retail. However I also wanted the black sprocket cover. I found this (or so I thought) on the World of Triumphs website. Unfortunately I selected a T120 black cover not thinking the Bobber was different. However WOT were excellent and swapped it over for the correct one. I was pleased that the cover comes with a black filler cap as I didn't really want to use the original or spray paint this. I dont know when I will fit the clutch and primary covers. I may wait till after the 500 mile service.
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 08:53 AM

Be aware that there is a sound deadener inside the clutch side cover which requires removal from the existing cover to your new one.
AND on mine the bosses were not drilled and tapped for the bolts. But if your dealer is doing the job it is no biggie.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. The covers arrived today. It seems odd that the clutch cover isn't tapped at the factory, but presumably they dont fit the sound deadening deadening device in all markets? Still it shouldn't pose too much of a challenge to tap the 6mm threads. If I had known the kit included two gaskets I wouldn't have bothered buying these separately!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 01:57 PM

Can never go wrong having extra gaskets haha. Be sure to post up some photos after you get it all installed. But can you install the cover back without the sound deadening?
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Well I decided to go ahead and fit the new covers. Having gone to the trouble of tapping 6mm threads for the sound deadening device I was a bit put out to find that the original clutch cover wasn't fitted with one and the holes are untapped. Fitting is fairly straightforward. Getting the clutch lifter back correctly is a bit fiddly as is the stator since there is not a lot of movement in the cable to work with. I like the black covers a lot more than the orignal brushed ones. The finish on these is too easy to mark. Overall money well spent I think.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Hopefully this link is a before and after.
Skintrade01 likes this.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 09:51 AM

Nice man! Iím definitely going to have to go for the same!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Looks great! I had ordered those covers when I ordered the bike, but when I saw the bike in person when it arrived I opted to not install the covers. And the dealer was cool and didn't charge me for them. They do look great installed though!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 01:44 PM

When you get the dealer to install this kit do they return the originals to you?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

I bought them from World of Triumph and installed them myself, but if you had it done by a dealer I woould expect them to return the originals to you. You have paid for them after all.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page