New Levers: Rhombus - Triumph Bobber Forum
 4Likes
  • 3 Post By davidrb
  • 1 Post By perrymoa

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

New Levers: Rhombus

After looking at all the the lever upgrade threads over the past few months, I had $26 USD burning a hole in my pocket and thought "why not". Someone here purchased the CNC Rhombus levers off Ebay. I figured for the price, it was a mod that was easily reversible if it didn't work out.

Looks: I have to say that I'm enjoying them. The color is "just right" in my opinion, as it tones down that dull silver look quite a bit. The anodized gray color seems top quality. The adjustment levers seem a "step up" from the round OEM dial.

Feel: Though they are light, they do not feel cheap at all. The ridges along the sides of the levers add a bit of traction. The adjustment levers work as they should and locks positively into place. I ordered the long levers, which are still a bit shorter than the OEM levers, but more than adequate.

Fit: No issues with swapping out, It was literally a 10 minute job. The front brake lever fits acceptably snug with a little bit of wiggle, but not that noticable, about the same as the OEM. The clutch lever has more wiggle and could be a bit more snug. However, before swapping, I did test the OEM for wiggle and found almost the same amount. However, in general it was a direct swap. I only needed to adjust the extra slack out of the clutch cable.

Overall: They look like $200 levers. It will be interesting to see if there are any issues down the road but I do not expect any.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190912_163430(1)(1).jpg
Views:	73
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	37817   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190912_163530(1).jpg
Views:	78
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	37819  
eisen77, Great Black North and Roy like this.

I've spent my fortune on wine, women, and motorcycles. The rest I wasted on everything else.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 12:12 PM
Roy

Garage
Hi David,

They certainly look smart. Well done.

Cheerio,

Roy
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 12:32 AM

Big fan of the levers. Mine just came in today. Seem to be made well, but time will tell
davidrb likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page