4Likes
  • 1 Post By TheBobberneer
  • 2 Post By TheBobberneer
  • 1 Post By Retro Rocket 48

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Talking Power commander and X pipe!

Today my BB gained a power commander and an X pipe, wow what a beast she is now!

She went from being a hot lady politely speaking through her Vance and Hines, to a racy mistress of the night!

Needless to say I'm looking forward to our next rendezvous!
Johnny likes this.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 05:33 PM

What are the power figures like before and after?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 05:13 AM

Which brand of X pipe and slip on spec do you have ? I currently have just the UK/Australian spec V&H pipes and would like to do the cat delete next
A sound clip would be great 😊
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I haven't got the figures to hand on the before and after with the PC V, my main aim was to fix some of the low rpm bogging behaviour/response on light/part throttle, as I also commute on my BB into a very congested town where filtering can be a handful. So far so good on that front. The PC V will make it easier going forwards depending on what I mod next.

The de-cat is a TEC X pipe and I've got the US spec V&H pipes.

I chose the US spec V&H as they're meant to have removable baffles. The plan was always to get rid of the cat but if it wasn't loud enough then I'd have been able to take out the baffles. Based on the results its nice and loud, but if you're careful you can roll by sensitive folk (like horses or police). Baffles out would be too much and I'd get rumbled!
I'll have to try to find a good way to record it, but having seen other peoples attempts on YouTube I suspect its not going to be easy to achieve with just my mobile phone. Doing it while stationary really doesn't do it justice compared with the effect when the engine is under load while riding.

The quick summary is a throaty drag racer roar when you pin it, more crackle on the overrun and machine gun popping on engine braking! That description is me being tongue in cheek so don't take it too seriously, but it is way more fun now!
The reaction by my wife and little lad when I got home was perfect. He was glued to his bedroom window shouting "Rev it!, Rev it!" which I did!... and my wife stood there with her mouth open and then eventually said "you're going to get into so much trouble!"
Job done then.
muensterDeath and ysoslo like this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusBob View Post
Which brand of X pipe and slip on spec do you have ? I currently have just the UK/Australian spec V&H pipes and would like to do the cat delete next
A sound clip would be great 😊
I installed a TEC pipe. Pleasant improvement in sound, more distinctive, not annoyingly loud.

Word of advice. When you get around to fitting the D-Cat, make sure you plan in advance to have all the tools on hand. So, do yourself a favour and drop into Supercheap Auto and buy these 1/2inch drives.

Secondly, fit the two rear gaskets to the X-pipe BEFORE you bolt it into the frame. Hang the exhaust header off the handle-bar with an ocky strap to save unbolting the O2 sensor from the pipe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	X-Pipe tools.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	36877  
Great Black North likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 04:39 AM

Thanks for the info , I’m probably going with a Motone de-cat
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusBob View Post
Thanks for the info , I’m probably going with a Motone de-cat
Some x-pipes are better than others, a guy did dyno runs on a few, not all of course but some performed better than others, flow capability & merge effect.
The Meerkat came out tops, that is the one I fitted to my Speed Twin, that along with modded snorkel & shorty pipes gave a healthy increase in both torque & power on the dyno, up from low 80's to low 90's rwhp
I have not seen dyno figures for the motone so am not slating it or any other make, just passing on my findings.

Last edited by trirocket3; Today at 07:40 AM.