Triumph Bobber Forum banner

catching up with mods

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  shep65 
#1 ·
Been a while since i have been here - but have been busy with some upgrades.

Just replaced today the freespirits front disc and brembo 4 pot - yes there is definitely a difference and it will get better with age.
Fox shock also installed - still breaking it in.
Dart screen - Tec levers - cylinder cap union jack of course - bike bros small side bags - rear rack. I tried the la rosa and just did not look right to me nor fit well.

Coming soon - rear LED light set up replacement Newrage as well as front fork LED 41 mm signals.

Stock mirrors are ok (will try dropping them and see if i can still see ) - as well as pipes - and seat - no problem i see to exchange. your big ass is hiding the seat anyway.

Next $$ year - x-pipe motone / re-paint covers to remove the "bobber" its like saying hey i'm cool on your forehead / motodemic head light maybe next year as they are so expensive.
Too old for clip ons.
Lots of other items but doing the basics first.

Need some recommendations on tires - liking the white walls i saw on this forum.
Loving the bike and the small things we do to give them their solo personality.
some quick photos attached but can post better after the LED are done.

ps - map of next ride - anyone been on the parkway ?

All that and only a precious few months of riding weather here in canada and lately it has not
been great even in these good months.

shep 65

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Lookin’ good and based on future mod plans, only to get better. Have ridden the Blue Ridge but, not on the Bobber. It was many years ago. Three things I remember. One, it’s a beautiful road. Two, during high season, there are a LOT of cars and campers. So it can be very slow going which really minimizes the enjoyment. Three, and for a Bobber, most important, unless it’s changed, there are no services. So, you have to plan your route as far as exits for gas. At one point, our fuel light came on so, after riding some distance we took the first exit. To the left was a town almost 20 miles away, to the right a bit more. Ran out of fuel about two miles from the station. ��. I’m sure there are way better fuel options than that particular exit so, like I said, a little planning will go a long way. Google, which we didn’t have at that time, is your friend.

#3 ·
Love the Brembo upgrade, I'm sure that will give a bit more confidence on the right hand (unless you went over the front on the first squeeze!)

Can't wait to see the front indicator upgrade, I Like the standard but am always looking for inspiration.

Cheers, Ed

#4 ·
I spotted the older BMW in one of your pictures. :smile2: Very cool. I'm trying to find one about that age. I used to own an old R65. I would love to find a toaster tank. :laugh:

I live in North Carolina. I've been all over the Parkway. However, some of the better roads are just off the Parkway.

#7 ·
Thank you all for the advice - looking forward to the blue ridge and will
investigate Cherohala as never heard of it - maybe push it to early September
when kids are back to school.
Yes thats a R75/6 in the photo - took it out yesterday to Paris ON to view the bikes
at the CVMG - Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group a weekend show - lots of restored beauts of all kinds - lots of older triumphs as well. Most interesting is what was showing up in the parking lot. photos attached

Anyone put rizomas' front and rear - thinking optional to the newrage set up

Attachments

#8 ·
BRP is a time warp. I swear the miles just melt away and before you know it, the ride is over. I once took Skyline Drive to the BRP to Vinton (near Roanoke) and by the time I got to the end, I thought my watch was broken.

I'd advise you to ride the Parkway during the week. It can get busy on the weekend, especially in the fall. Not as big of a deal on a bike if you don't mind passing on double yellows, but kind of annoying to be behind slow moving RVs or leaf peepers that don't pull off.

#11 ·
quick follow up

I decided on the new rage under seat brake and signals together with the new rage fork rings indicators - license plate bracket
these now installed. so the bulky lights are all gone front and back.

I had to remove my small rear fender rack so now have 4 holes in my rear fender.

idea is to add a bracket and second rear brake light - brass led - from prism - with flat acorn brass to fill the other holes.

I now wish to also add motogadget m-blaze to the bar ends. I just left a few questions on how that is done as it appears a number of members have done so but the explanation is not clear - the bung in the way etc. Details appreciated.

I add some photos.

Also wrapped my cover plate in a union jack - as i never liked the BOBBER statement plus a union jack brake fluid cap - broke down and purchased the diamond seat (worth it for looks only) stock is more comfortable -

I am testing a led headlight (knock off sorry) but is working ok $ 50. vs. motodemic $ 500.00 -

Added a motone brass gas cap - brass clutch peg.

Normally I would have gone the darker vader look but the green and ice with gold pin stripe has taken me down this road as the green hornet.

Chipping away slowly at items but not to the level of others here on the forum who's work is extraordinary

shep65

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.