3D Printed Tail Tidy & Side Mount - Triumph Bobber Forum
 7Likes
  • 7 Post By kRomHasaWrx
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 28
3D Printed Tail Tidy & Side Mount

In my search for a decently priced Tail Tidy kit, I just couldn't justify spending that much on something I thought I could design and make. So I challenged myself to make something that was a fraction of the cost , this was all designed, 3D printed, & assembled all at my house. For a first attempt I think they came out pretty well.

The Next step is to make a short Carbon rear fender, just waiting on a spare fender to come to in so I can make a mold.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2406-min.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	33579   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2410-min.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	33583   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2436-min.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	33585   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2441-min.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	33587   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2417-min.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	33589  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2446-min.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	33591  
kRomHasaWrx is offline  
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 07:51 PM
Member
 
erzengelsachiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by kRomHasaWrx View Post
In my search for a decently priced Tail Tidy kit, I just couldn't justify spending that much on something I thought I could design and make. So I challenged myself to make something that was a fraction of the cost , this was all designed, 3D printed, & assembled all at my house. For a first attempt I think they came out pretty well.



The Next step is to make a short Carbon rear fender, just waiting on a spare fender to come to in so I can make a mold.
Want! Nice job dude, gonna follow this build relentlessly

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
erzengelsachiel is online now  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 28
Thanks mate!, I am debating making a handful of these as I had to order a number of OEM connectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erzengelsachiel View Post
Want! Nice job dude, gonna follow this build relentlessly

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
kRomHasaWrx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 08:59 PM
Senior Member
 
kilyung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Mike in Los Angeles
Posts: 617
Motivated me to order a 3D printer. I’ve been looking for an excuse to get one.
kilyung is online now  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 09:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Jalaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: LI, New York
Posts: 259
Garage
Very cool!
Ingenuity at its best.

‘18 Bobber matt Black
‘12 Kawasaki Z1000
Jalaan is online now  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 28
Make sure you pick one with a big enough print volume or else you will be left gluing pieces together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
Motivated me to order a 3D printer. I’ve been looking for an excuse to get one.
kRomHasaWrx is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 08:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 59
Looks so nice. How much? I will pay you if you make me one.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
paul675 is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 03:01 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 28
Hey Paul,

Sent you a PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul675 View Post
Looks so nice. How much? I will pay you if you make me one.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
kRomHasaWrx is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 28
Would anyone be interested in one if made a handful?
kRomHasaWrx is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 28
kRomHasaWrx is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome