Ahhhh... Forward Controls (FC) - Triumph Bobber Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Ahhhh... Forward Controls (FC)

Finally pulled the trigger and had the Triumph FC kit installed. The stock seating position was very uncomfortable, particularly since my bike came with the ape hanger bars. I felt like a chicken roosting, even with a 30" inseam. Huge difference with the FC. Expensive but worth the extra dollars.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190406_122350(1).jpg
Views:	142
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	32175   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190406_122357(1).jpg
Views:	155
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	32177  

I've spent my fortune on wine, women, and motorcycles. The rest I wasted on everything else.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Glad youíre now comfy and didnít lay any eggs
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 11:48 AM
Roy

Garage
Nice one David,

Looks great, enjoy the ride..

Cheerio,

Roy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 02:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrb View Post
Finally pulled the trigger and had the Triumph FC kit installed. The stock seating position was very uncomfortable, particularly since my bike came with the ape hanger bars. I felt like a chicken roosting, even with a 30" inseam. Huge difference with the FC. Expensive but worth the extra dollars.
Could not agree more , At 32" with high bars, the seating always felt off to me, especially with the statement seat. The forwards absolutely fixed it. It confounds me as to why Triumph didn't offer this arrangement as an option when you go to the high bars.

Congrats David

My Bike's Photographic History to Date
Yes I'm Proud of My Bike! Deal!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:44 AM

Hi,

I have orders also the Forward Controls kit.

When they arrive, I have to paint them black (I have a Bobber Black). I think it improves comfort a lot.

TheBigGuy likes this.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 08:29 AM
GPz

Your FCs look pretty cool and you're right -- they are very well suited for a bike with apes.

I really like the stock seating position on my Bobber Black. But I took a 220 mile ride on Saturday and must admit that I found myself flapping a leg in the wind toward the end to alleviate a cramp in my left leg. I got over it though, and I probably gave a few weekend motorists a laugh.

-GPz
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPz View Post
Your FCs look pretty cool and you're right -- they are very well suited for a bike with apes.

I really like the stock seating position on my Bobber Black. But I took a 220 mile ride on Saturday and must admit that I found myself flapping a leg in the wind toward the end to alleviate a cramp in my left leg. I got over it though, and I probably gave a few weekend motorists a laugh.

-GPz

I get left leg cramps too and do the same thing. Wonder if FC's will help. I do like the stock seating position though. What's the total cost on FC parts? Dropped too much $ into the bike and fixing up the garage these past few weeks..might have to live the leg cramps.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 02:58 PM
Roy

Garage
I think foreword controls on a Bobber, especially with high bars is a great fit.

Personally I have pins/screws in an ankle form an accident so footboards really suite me.

Although that said and in general, the Bobber is such a great platform and although I thought I would never say that (my departed brother would be happy), I like the look of the clip-ons and rear-sets some chaps are doing. Not for me but sooo cool.

Wether rear-sets, stock, forewords or footboards, there is some great options on the books and hopefully something for everyone.

Loving my footboards even more now they are black.

Good luck and let us know how you get on with them.

Cheerio,

Roy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 12.00.18 PM.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	32215  

Last edited by Roy; 04-09-2019 at 03:01 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 03:01 PM

Garage
Forward and footboards are excellent. II had left knee cartilage repair two years ago, and the ability to shuffles feet fore and aft on the footboards eases all sorts of aches and pains...
Psychopasta, Roy and DanFromVegas like this.

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

I don't have the part numbers handy, but the dealer was very helpful in ensuring that I had all of the right parts and colors to match. It was all very confusing to them also, so they had to put a call in to

Triumph to make sure of the right part numbers. Total cost was about $500. You need three parts: 1: left and right peg kit. 2: FC mounting kit. 3: new extended exhaust cover. All my parts are stainless steel, but they make a black kit also.

I think the floorboards would have been a good option too.
ysoslo likes this.

I've spent my fortune on wine, women, and motorcycles. The rest I wasted on everything else.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page