Right side hole fix - Triumph Bobber Forum
 6Likes
  • 6 Post By davidrb

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Right side hole fix

Still winter here in Virginia. Temps are starting to inch up into the high 40s and low 50s f, depending on the day. I was out in my garage staring at my bike, and kept noticing the opening that is exposed on the right side of the bike. For those that removed the air boxes and covers, you know what I'm talking about.

I decided to experiment a bit with some of the same material I had left over from the previous cover I made for the left side, that covers the rat's next of wires by the battery box. In about an hour, I had a viable solution.

First pic is the cover on the right side. Left pic is the cover over the wires. Overall, I'm happy with the results.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	right cover sm2.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	31149   Click image for larger version

Name:	left cover sm.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	31151  

I've spent my fortune on wine, women, and motorcycles. The rest I wasted on everything else.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 11:41 AM

Looks great👍
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 09:58 PM
GPz

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrb View Post
Still winter here in Virginia. Temps are starting to inch up into the high 40s and low 50s f, depending on the day. I was out in my garage staring at my bike, and kept noticing the opening that is exposed on the right side of the bike. For those that removed the air boxes and covers, you know what I'm talking about.

I decided to experiment a bit with some of the same material I had left over from the previous cover I made for the left side, that covers the rat's next of wires by the battery box. In about an hour, I had a viable solution.

First pic is the cover on the right side. Left pic is the cover over the wires. Overall, I'm happy with the results.
I am a bit confused about what I am looking at but I like the look a lot. Is that some sort of diamond-plate black plastic? Kydex? Do you heat it up to bend it? Where did you get it?

Thanks,
GPz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPz View Post
I am a bit confused about what I am looking at but I like the look a lot. Is that some sort of diamond-plate black plastic? Kydex? Do you heat it up to bend it? Where did you get it?

Thanks,
GPz

Congrats! You nailed it. It's diamond plate vinyl (something like linoleum but tougher). It's pliable. I used some for the interior of my Jeep Wrangler and had some left over. Purchased some time ago from Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plate02.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	31271   Click image for larger version

Name:	plate03.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	31273  

I've spent my fortune on wine, women, and motorcycles. The rest I wasted on everything else.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page