Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Motogadget Blaze Indicators & Motogadget Blade Mirrors

7K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  RRBuGGz75 
#1 ·
Had these thing sitting around for months now. Finally got enough motivation to install them. The indicators were easy to wire up but drilling out the bushing inside the stock handle bars was a real pain. I ended up drilling it out with a 5/8" bit just to get the light to sit flush with the bar end. The Blade mirrors are pretty nice. It's glass-less and the polished metal is the mirror. I just hope it holds up to scratches. But overall very nicely made and solid. I haven't had a chance to ride and test them out yet but I'll report back on visibility with them.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
RRBuGGz75

I am looking to take my bike to the operating room and get the bar ends
done.

issue is that oem threaded bushing for the existing end cap.
did you pull it out completely or i think you said you drilled it out
with a larger hole ?

did the wiring then slip through more easily

please advise if you get this request

cant see into the black hole and dealer has no clue

shep65

#9 ·
I drilled it out bigger. I also ground the ends down a little to let lights sit more flush to the grips.

Attachments

#10 ·
Thanks for the photos
Weather was just too good this weekend to hunker in the garage
Looking to attempt this soon - bought the drill bits - have a grinder somewhere

Did you shrink wrap the wires from the bar and what connectors did you use to
tie into the old wiring. I also have led fork rings so I am connecting the bar ends and
the fork ring signals.

Shep

#11 ·
I used PET braided wire sleeve to make wiring look clean with a piece of shrink tubing at both ends. I was going to use some bullet connectors to tie it stock wires but looked too bulky to me. So I just soldered the wires directly to factory wires and taped every thing up neatly with friction tape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.